Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Used Up Some Of My 15-Minutes Of Fame Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Used Up Some Of My 15-Minutes Of Fame Today

This takes a bit of explaining. But stick with me - this is some pretty funny stuff. Ha Ha!

I went to an Angels vs. Yankees game last Friday, June 3, 2011.

There was a guy who sat in front of me who looked just like Denver Post sportswriter and star of the ESPN show Around The Horn Woody Paige. I asked the guy if he were Woody Paige and he said he was and interacted with us during the entire game. He was really fun and nice - just like Woody.

To memorialize the event, I took a short video of Woody. I then posted that video to YOUTUBE. Here is that video.

YouTube - ‪Sat Next To Denver Post Writer Woody Paige At The Angel Game June 3, 2011‬‏

After I got home I looked at the video several more times and began to suspect that maybe the guy wasn't actually Woody Paige. I looked at other photos and videos of Woody and compared some of the things he told us against facts about Woody. They just didn't match up.

So yesterday I sent the video to Woody Paige at the Denver Post via his contact email address on their website. He actually answered me!

That conversation is posted below.

I didn't think much of it at the time. But then I got home and turned on the show like I always do. Low and behold, this is what I see! Watch the entire short video to see what they did and their comments. The part in question starts about 25 seconds in.

YouTube - ‪My Woody Paige Impostor Video On Around The Horn!!‬‏

Pretty funny stuff! I used up a bit of my 15 minutes of fame today.

Ha Ha!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
What a punk, but the real Woody seems pretty cool! He's awesome on ATH!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Haha that's awesome Dana that they started the show with your video! Stinks that guy was impersonating woody. I love him commentary on ATH. Hopefully you guys actually meet up soon.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant future
Awesome awesome story, love woody paige and around the horn

Old 06-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Winchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond reputeWinchm60 has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty cool even though it wasn't him.

Kevin Blackistone comes into the dealer where i work every so often and he's always really nice to talk to as well.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
I figured it wasn't him Dana but I didn't want to burst your bubble! I turned my phone every angle imaginable but wasn't convinced. It's awesome that your vid made it on ATH, you are getting popular.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Haha that guy is awesome! Why wouldn't you pretend? Local guy here looks 100% like urban Myer, every time I see him I say what's up Urban and his wife dies laughing.... The best part was the dig on the Angels! Lol woody rocks.

Old 06-07-2011, 09:27 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Hahaha that was awesome!!

Old 06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
haha that is so awesome... i actually didn't think it was him from your video either, seemed way too friendly with all that smiling haha...

ps Tony Reali grew up in my neighborhood with me

Old 06-08-2011, 12:45 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
He tricked us Dana! Remember how excited I was!

Quick Reply: Used Up Some Of My 15-Minutes Of Fame Today