Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Pacquiao/Margarito

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond reputealin2.5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jmusser3r
Do you think Pacquiao is tired or is it just that he doesn't feel a KO is necessary? That's what the announcers are saying...
According to Pacquiao, it was mercy:

Originally Posted by Pacquiao
I wanted the referee to stop it. In the 12th round I was just looking to get thru the fight. I eased up on him. I told the referee, 'Look at his eyes.' I didn't want to damage him permanently. That's not what boxing is about.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Class act and premier warrior that Pacquiao.

He admitted Margarito hurt him pretty good in the middle rounds. I don't know why Margarito didn't have the killer instinct he usually shows in the ring. Was also surprised that Manny was able to get Margarito wabbly, never thought he had the power to hurt a guy as big as Margarito.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
arcticreaver is an unknown quantity at this point
margarito looked tried after 3 rounds. margarito didn't look like he had the foot speed. i think he had probably only 3 to 4 good exchanges by getting manny against the ropes the entire fight. manny was just too quick and his hand speed killed margarito. and margarito isn't known to be an accurate puncher and he just brawls with his opponents. the only time margarito had success in his past fights is when the opponent stands toe to toe with margarito and exchange punches. manny was too smart for that. 3-4 combos and move around - wash, rense, and repeat.

people said margarito had length and was bigger. thing is, margarito is a different type of fighter. i saw his jabs - slow and with no power in them. he doesn't know how to use his size to fight on the outside. instead he pressures you against the ropes and corners. no way manny would let him do that.