Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

::Please help us give a warm welcome to Wagner Custom Skis::

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Site Founder
MWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant future
Thumbs up ::Please help us give a warm welcome to Wagner Custom Skis::

TEAMSPEED.com custom designed Wagner Skis

This year while skiing in Aspen I was introduced to Wagner Custom Skis on two different occasions. Skiing my entire life, I always thought Volkl was the wholly grail of skiing. Little did I know that in the same day two people told me the hidden secret to skis. WAGNER CUSTOM SKIS.

Pete Wagner has been making what many consider the best skis in the world. Pete was formerly a custom golf club maker and took his knowledge and software analysis to create a custom ski based on individual needs and desires. I am thrilled to have Pete in my arsenal and making these Teamspeed skis has been beyond fun. I have spoken to Pete over a dozen times and not once was I rushed or felt that my questions were amateur. Pete is truly like a tailor for skis. We would talk at length to achieve exactly the right feel, cut and flex, size and look of these skis.

"Wagner Custom Skis are made from the world's finest components, one pair at a time, in an ultra-modern shop entirely powered by wind and sun."

All the world's great ski factories have small prototyping shops to make custom skis and boards for their top athletes. Think Bode Miller and Julia Mancuso buy their skis off the rack? Nope. Their skis are carefully hand made in small lots, with a variety of flexes and bases for optimum speed in different weather conditions and on specific courses.

Wagner Custom builds just a few pairs of the world’s best skis each month, each pair uniquely designed and precisely crafted for a specific customer. Wagner Custom can help you ski your best by putting you on the right flex and shape. To learn more about Wagner Custom skis and our ultra-modern, wind- and solar-powered factory, visit WagnerSkis.com.

Pete has agreed to make other custom skis for members if they wish with the TS Logo on them. Without further adieu here are the images of the custom Skis Pete made for me and I can't wait to hit the slopes on official TEAMSPEED.com Skis.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Site Founder
MWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant futureMWilens has a brilliant future
More images of the build process...

And the studio shots Pete sent us of the final product!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa awesome!

Welcome guys!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:01 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to Peter and his TEAM! I know Michael was super excited for these and they came out great!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Site Founder
Thanks DJ for helping with the pics, you know how bad I am with these.

Old 10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Oh snap! Welcome!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Those look awesome. I'm gonna check them out. Maybe get a pair for this year.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:30 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Russ, I think Atomic80 may get a pair as well, maybe you guys will get a discount ordering together?

Old 10-01-2010, 08:23 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
PeteWagner is an unknown quantity at this point
We really enjoyed working on Michael's skis. Here's the specs of his boards:
Length: 174cm
Tip-Waist-Tail: 128mm-85mm-112mm
Sidecut radius: 16.1m
Tip/Tail: All-Mountain shapes for versatility
Core: Sugar Maple/White Ash hybrid for a lively feel and smooth, stable ride
Base: Super Durable, High-Carbon
Topsheet: Bubinga Waterfall wood veneer with custom teamspeed logos

These skis are designed to be Michael's versatile, one ski quiver. They'll work great for him all over the mountain, in a variety of snow conditions.

Thanks for sharing the images!