Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Reggie Bush to Forefit Heisman

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
He didn't do drugs, rape anyone, take steroids, take HGH or anything. He got a suit for the heisman ceremony and free rent for his family which I'm pretty sure lived in a rugged neighborhood. WHO GIVES A ****!

I like Reggie and Hate USC but I think this is all bullshit. Nothing he is being caught for had anything to do with his play on the field and WAS the beauty of the heisman, it was a trophy strictly for ON FIELD performance. I can't believe this turned into what it was. I wish he would have been more cocky about it and gave back the trophy while holding the Lombardi trophy saying "I'll keep this one instead"

Old 09-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
He didn't do drugs, rape anyone, take steroids, take HGH or anything. He got a suit for the heisman ceremony and free rent for his family which I'm pretty sure lived in a rugged neighborhood. WHO GIVES A ****!

I like Reggie and Hate USC but I think this is all bullshit. Nothing he is being caught for had anything to do with his play on the field and WAS the beauty of the heisman, it was a trophy strictly for ON FIELD performance. I can't believe this turned into what it was. I wish he would have been more cocky about it and gave back the trophy while holding the Lombardi trophy saying "I'll keep this one instead"
Yeah, but there are rules on and off the field that apply to the Heisman trophy. And as much as I would've loved for Vince Young to win it that year because I thoroughly thought he should have, I hope he isn't given the trophy. There should be an asterick on that year.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I really don't get the Vince Young argument either. Because of one game, which yes he did play very well, he gets the trophy? Bush had an entire season of dominance not a single game. Yes Vince was good but not nearly as good as Bush.

Let's not forget he won by the largest margin in the Trust's history.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:41 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Bush was unstoppable.

Despite what team you supported or a fan of, it would be difficult to not respect or admire what Reggie was capable of on the field.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ptphotography You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I understand the whole "ineligible player" thing and all, but he earned it on the field. In no way did getting free rent for his family and a few connections contribute to his talent or the insane numbers he put up.

And the talk of giving it to second place is beyond ridiculous. If you saw the voting numbers there was no second place. VY didn't even receive remotely close to the same amount as Reggie so obviously the voters didn't think he deserved it.

I still love Reggie Bush.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I also wonder are we now going to continue to "airbrush" sports history and take away OJ's heisman?!?!?!?!?!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Kirk Kirbdbag said that they should give it to Young. He'll has officially frozen over!

Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Why shouldn't they. Bush played illegally the whole year, they are erasing his season. Vince Young was 2nd, if they are going to have a point system and runner up than it does go to VY.

Otherwise they should vote and conceal the points and not give 2nd, 3rd, etc etc and just give the winner the Heisman and be done with it.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I also wonder are we now going to continue to "airbrush" sports history and take away OJ's heisman?!?!?!?!?!
OJ killed some folks, that has nothing to do with what he did on the field at USC, weak argument

Old 09-15-2010, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Bush was unstoppable.

Despite what team you supported or a fan of, it would be difficult to not respect or admire what Reggie was capable of on the field.
I totally agree, but if you do not inforce the rules than everyone can do whatever the hell they want.

Quick Reply: Reggie Bush to Forefit Heisman