Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

A 'Villa' with goals

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
blu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really nice
A 'Villa' with goals

Catalan sports paper Sport asserted that Valencia CF’s striker David Villa is certain to be a blaugrana before this summer’s South Africa World Cup tournament is set to begin; in fact the paper believes the deal will be concluded the week after League season ends when, if FC Barcelona are to beat Real Valladolid, will be crowned the Primera Liga champions for the second consecutive season.

As a prelude to the signing, the player will today join Lionel Messi in a promotional event organised by Adidas, and according to the paper – taking advantage of the LFP meeting held yesterday in Madrid – both club presidents, Joan Laporta and Manuel Llorente, met again to discuss the finer details of the deal.

If confirmed as reported, FC Barcelona will not have to ‘sugar-coat’ the agreement with any other add-ons – most notably the inclusion of promising young striker Bojan Krkic; only the rumoured €40 m in transfer fees. While the out-going European champions is doing everything possible to negotiate a lower price tag for the player, the swap deal for the 19-years-old very promising blaugrana player has been ruled out by coach Pep Guardiola since the start of the negotiations.

According to the report, there will be no meetings to be held between David Villa and the Catalan club until Manuel Llorente officially accepts the deal – a purview the Valencia CF president held after the 28-years-old player part ways with his agent, Jose Luis Tamargo.

Meanwhile FC Barcelona president Joan Laporta, in an interview with Radio Catalunya said, “We are very pleased with the first team squad and those that are coming up through the ranks, like Fontas or Muniesa, who already have the qualities to play in the team. But then, there can only be eleven players who will play in a match and we have a squad of more than twenty players.

“As for summer signings, we will act according to what the market tells us and will not proceed aggressively but that said, we want to complete any signing before the World Cup.” - A position that is understandable considering, depending on performances, a player’s price tag usually increases after the tournament.

Totalbarca.com

Last edited by blu8east; 05-11-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
blu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really niceblu8east is just really nice
Sports giant Adidas caught up with football stars David Villa and Lionel Messi at the new F50 Adizero shoe launch.

Q&A:

Yoan Djambov (May 10th 7.05PM CET)
How does one become a great striker? (to D. Villa)

Villa: Hard work, luck, dedication in training and the right positive attitude. You need to listen to your coaches so that you can learn the game. Always remember that it’s a team game. Individuals score the goals and get the headlines, but without a team they are nothing.

Which is the most important: the individual trophies or the collective ones (to L. Messi)

Messi: The team should always come first. If you only think about playing for yourself then you will go nowhere in football. Individual trophies are very nice to receive and I’ve been lucky enough to win several – but all of them were thanks to my teammates.

Karabo Sekgororoane (May 10th 8,21PM CET)
A question for both: You are both strong contenders for the Golden Boot, but which one of you two think you have the best chance of winning it?

Villa: Leo has been magnificent this season so he has to be favourite. I’ll work hard as I always do and try to score goals. But I’ll tell you something. I’d rather be part of a successful team than be the top scorer in the competition.

Messi: People are expecting both of us to score a lot of goals. Who knows what will happen. David is one of the best goal scorers in the world and he plays for Spain who are one of the favourites. I’ll do my best. I’ve had a good season and I want my form to continue. We have enough good players in the Argentina team to create chances to score.

Bucks Magat (May 10th 8.59PM CET)
Is speed something you are blessed with, or something you can improve? If you can improve it, how?

Villa: You are born fast so I suppose you are blessed with it, but you can always work to be faster. You can practice sprinting for speed and longer runs for stamina. Being as fit as you can be makes a huge difference. If you are not fit then you will tire quickly in the game. Wearing boots like these (points to F50s) helps because they are so light.

Jeremy Austin Brook (May 10th 9.02PM CET)
Who will be the fastest player at the world cup in South Africa?

Messi: Most teams have fast players because you need fast players at the highest level. Every player doesn’t have to be fast, but every team needs a fast option. I’m sure there will be some players I don’t yet know who surprise me with their speed. Some teams use speed better than others. I’m lucky to play for a team like Argentina because we have several fast players. I’d include myself in those because I don’t think I’m slow!

Niklas Häusler (May 10th 10.30PM CET)
For the spark (Messi): How much do you practice everyday? And do you have a soccer ball in the trunk of your car just in case?

Messi: Every day Niklas. I have always done that. I can’t remember a day when I didn’t touch a ball; probably never. No, I don’t have a ball in my car, but I’m never far away from a ball. I have a few at home which I kick about.

Villa: You have to practise every day. If you don’t then you don’t have a chance to play at the top level. As I said at the start, dedication comes in many forms but training is the main one. If you are not dedicated in training then you will fail. Do I have a ball in my car? I do, but for my children rather than me. They love to play with a ball. I don’t just stop by the side of the road and start playing by myself!

Mayleigh Harper (May 10th 10.42PM CET)
What is your favorite goal u scored and who is the toughest player you’ve played against.

Messi: Probably a goal I scored for Barcelona against Getafe a few years ago. I dribbled past several players before scoring. I was 19, I think. I’ve been lucky to score many goals and a lot of good ones, but that always stood out. Toughest opponents? Real Madrid in Spain, Manchester United, Chelsea and Inter Milan in European competition. Those games are really tough.

Nur Muazzin (May 11th 09.15AM CET)
For the spark : what do you think about of when you’re about to step into the field?

Messi: About the game ahead. I try and concentrate. And to remember the things our coach has told us, the way we will play and about the opponents. I will have already got used to the stadium and the pitch in the warm up. I try to be calm and focused. That’s when I play my best.

Totalbarca.com

Attached Images