Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Boston VS Miami - East Round 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 10:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Boston VS Miami - East Round 1

Hi,

Kevin Garnett getting ejected? Seemed like a bit of a stab in the dark by the officials as to what actually happened. Seemed to me he was just trying to protect Pierce, who was on the floor injured. I am a Celts fan though, so probably bias.

How'd you guys see it? That's just some finals passion. The Heat obviously upset they gave away a commanding lead in a Boston notorious game 1 at home.

Oh well. Bring on G2!

Cheers,
Nik

Last edited by theprotest; 04-17-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:08 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Go Celtics.

Old 04-18-2010, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
^ Go Celtics!!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Blue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue4reF1 has a reputation beyond repute
First of all, GO HEAT. Should have won but they blew a lead. They'll come back strong next game. The Celt's should be nervous...

Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

The NBA announced last night that Kevin Garnett will be suspended for Game 2 of the Celtics’ first-round playoff series with the Heat at the Garden.

Garnett was ejected for elbowing Miami’s Quentin Richardson in the jaw with 40 seconds remaining in their 85-76 Game 1 win Saturday.

After reviewing the footage of the scuffle, which took place in front of the Heat bench, NBA executive vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson suspended Garnett for one game and fined Richardson $25,000.

“Garnett was suspended for throwing an elbow that struck the head of Richardson. This action is analogous to a player throwing a punch that connects,” Jackson explained in an e-mail to the Herald last night. “By rule a player who swings his hand (with an open or closed fist), whether or not the hand connects, will be automatically suspended for a minimum of one game.”

When Doc Rivers met with the media after yesterday’s practice, the NBA had not yet made a ruling. The C’s coach held out hope that Garnett could avoid a suspension, but already had given a lot of thought to how he’d adjust the lineup if that wasn’t the case.

Considering Garnett has missed 38 games in the past two seasons, as well as the entire postseason last year, this isn’t exactly uncharted territory for the C’s.

“If he has to sit out we just have to go out there and play,” Paul Pierce [stats] said before the NBA handed down the punishment. “We can’t use that as an excuse. We’ve played without KG in series, and we’ve won. It’s out of my hands to determine that. If he’s there, that’ll be great. If not, we have other guys that have to step up.”

One of them is Glen Davis, who averaged 15.8 points and 5.6 rebounds when Garnett missed last postseason with an injury. Davis’ role was reduced this season because of injury and the addition of Rasheed Wallace to the frontcourt. However, he made an impact Saturday, collecting all of his eight points and seven of his eight rebounds in the fourth quarter.

“When different circumstances are up on the platter, some people rise to the challenge, some people don’t,” Davis said. “It’s playoff time. The three months that I took off with the (thumb) injury, no matter how much games you play, you’re still behind. Playoff time, I feel like I have a lot of games under my belt and hopefully I can get back in that same groove. You just have to go out there and play with confidence.”

Wallace also could receive the call. He got the nod when Garnett missed time earlier in the season with a hyperextended knee.

“We know we can win,” Pierce said. “We know we can hold down the fort if KG is out of the game.”

Davis is ready to do his part.

“If Kevin’s out, I’m going to have to bring back the Ticket Stub,” Davis said of the nickname he coined when he filled in for Garnett last year. “You all know the Ticket Stub, you all saw the Ticket Stub last year. If he’s gone, the Ticket Stub is right in my back pocket. I’ll just bring it out.”

--------------------------------SC: BostonHerald.

I must say, I think this is bullplop. But sometimes losing a star can bring the rest of the team to a new level. I hope this is the case.

Go Celts!!!!!!

Cheers,
Nik

Last edited by theprotest; 04-19-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Garnett is a dirty player. Plain and simple.

But so were Karl Malone and John Stockton - and they are both in the HOF.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Hi,

Fair cop if it's during the play of game, but this clearly was not. Watching the video over and over again, I still don't see how he can be the only one getting double teched. I understand the 1 game because of the throwing of the elbow.

Oh well. As stated, we've rocked without him alot in the recent past, so I can't see it slowing us down.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 04-19-2010, 12:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by theprotest
Hi,

Fair cop if it's during the play of game, but this clearly was not. Watching the video over and over again, I still don't see how he can be the only one getting double teched. I understand the 1 game because of the throwing of the elbow.

Oh well. As stated, we've rocked without him alot in the recent past, so I can't see it slowing us down.

Cheers,
Nik
Schumacher was a dirty driver too.

I bet he wishes it mattered now!

Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Hi,

Hahaha, so true. They need to install reverse beeps on the back of his car!

Cheers,
Nik

Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Hi,

Does anyone know of a streaming site that I can watch NBA finals on? I have attempted some Googling, but I'm not familiar with streaming TV, so any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Nik

Quick Reply: Boston VS Miami - East Round 1