Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Major League Baseball News, Notes and Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Major League Baseball News, Notes and Discussion Thread

Now that baseball season has begun, let's use this thread to just keep a season long record of news, notes and discussion about all the happenings in the Major Leagues. Feel free to post any comments, opinions or smack talk as well.

I will do my best to contribute to this thread daily with some news and opinions. I will likely focus mainly on Angels baseball news because I go to most of the games live. Those of you who root for other teams be sure to keep us all up to date on how you are doing and any special news, plays or records that might have occurred.

It would be particularly cool if you could include reports - and hopefully a few pics - from any games you attend live. That is always a treat.

I love baseball and would love to share the season chatting with other TS baseball fans.

After a while, I will make this thread a sticky in the Sports sub-forum.

So brush up on your stats and analysis because MLB 2010 is upon us!

Go Angels!!

Last edited by Barrister; 04-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I am of the opinion that the Red Sox should have given up on Ortiz by now.

His dominant era is over and he is riddled with injuries.

Being touchy with the media only hurts his situation.

Bad form Big Papi.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
John Lackey will make his debut with the Red Sox tonight in a start against the Yankees.

I must admit that I hope he gets shelled hard.

I am a bit bitter about the way Lackey performed for the Angels the last two season he was here.

He came into camp really out of shape which resulted in injuries that caused him to miss all of April in 2008 and 2009.

Then he takes the big money to play for a hated rival?? Steams me good.

Here is an interesting article about Lacky and his debut for the Red Sox from MLB.com.

Lackey doesn't need motivation vs. Yanks | MLB.com: News

Old 04-07-2010, 07:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Looks like Jose Reyes had a couple of hits for the Mets in extended Spring Training yesterday.

He has started the season on the DL due to hamstring issues - again.

That will make a lot of fantasy owners happy.

He is a great player, but gets hurt far too often.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Great thread Dana! I was going to start the samething. Ortiz sucks, he will be nothing like he use to. Lackey tonight!

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
I will be watching the score closely from my seat at Angels Stadium as we cruch the Twins.
I was going to suggest we exchange phone numbers but I am thinking the text messages would get very ugly.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
How is Lackey getting along with all of these Red Sox players that he used to throw at?

How does he coexist in the same lockeroom with Josh Beckett who threw at Bobby Abreu's head after time was called?

He has no shame.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Barrister
How is Lackey getting along with all of these Red Sox players that he used to throw at?

How does he coexist in the same lockeroom with Josh Beckett who threw at Bobby Abreu's head after time was called?

He has no shame.
I felt the sameway when Damon left.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:12 PM
After 3 innings Lackeys has been sharp, only allowing one hit going into the Top of the 4th.

Old 04-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Lackey catching Teixeira looking for the first out of the 4th. Love it.

Quick Reply: The Major League Baseball News, Notes and Discussion Thread