Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Any of you guys watching The Ultimate Fighter 10?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
The English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enough
Any of you guys watching The Ultimate Fighter 10?

Looks to be a good season what with the Rampage/Evans rivalry!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:26 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Oh hell yea man. There are a few of us avid MMA/UFC guys and all watch the show. I must say that so far it has been disappointing as both the fight have been horrid. The last one they were just standing there with hands on knees with two mins left in the second round. That's piss pore when this is supposed to be breeding a Lesnar killer. I am hoping Rampage can do something with Kimbo and teach him some MMA skills.

I read that Rampage bugged out and retired from UFC and hates Dana white or something now so will that have any effect on the show? Anyone know?

Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
The only UFC that i can stand to watch is the knockout shows, the rest seems homoerotic to me.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I'm watching.

I missed the first episode, but caught the second one, which was so-so. Both fighters seemed gassed within a few minutes, which I thought was a little suprising for this level of competition. I dont expect them to be the next Clay Guida, but as mentioned above, at some points they were just standing still looking at each other with their hands on their knees.

Kimbo gets his fight this week against Roy Nelson, It will be interesting to see how much he has picked up since his 15 minutes of fame.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
The UFC has turned into nothing more then a dog and pony show. The talent on the shows/cards is an absolute joke for the most part, you could probably walk into a random bar in most major cities and find better fighters. It is a great way for the Fertitta brothers and DW to make money (get no name fighters, offer them small purses and yank them as they start to earn a following), but the fighting aspect of it went down the toilet long ago.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
The last fight was truly horrible, both dudes got winded and just stood on the opposite sides of the octagon... They should have both lost to an invisible ninja.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
The UFC has turned into nothing more then a dog and pony show. The talent on the shows/cards is an absolute joke for the most part, you could probably walk into a random bar in most major cities and find better fighters. It is a great way for the Fertitta brothers and DW to make money (get no name fighters, offer them small purses and yank them as they start to earn a following), but the fighting aspect of it went down the toilet long ago.
While for the most part I agree I still enjoy watching and betting with friends on it. Makes for a fun night and is always way better than boxing. BUT with that said I think guys like GSP and Anderson Silva are the pinnacle and still give the UFC some credibility...

Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Homoerotic?? Come on now...
I've been involved in MMA since 93! Its only homoerotic if you find it that way! I can assure ya that if you're in the cage or on the mat, it is anything but...

As for this season... I'm with ya'll, it is just sad to see the poor caliber of fighters that have been on display thus far. And the reason for that is that there are so many good, damn good, heavy weight fighters out there; but they get looked over because they aren't spectacle fighters. Sadly, a more technical fighter, also tends to be less flashy than what Dana White wants.

Dana White wants a spectacle, not fights.

I see the guys on this show, and there are a few technical fighters, others are just there because they can be marketed as a blood bath spectacle waiting to happen.

All of that said, I'll absolutely watch because I was a heavy weight competitor, and I'm glad to see HW's get some air time. Just too bad that they've chosen less than the best.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
The English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enough
Cool, didnt know there were any MMA guys on here!

I agree with you Chokeu2, ive had guys say to me "UFC is gay, all that laying around on each other" but I think thats just what people say if they have homo-tendencies and see things in a gay way. Same as watching a guy in shorts playing volleyball is probably arousing, if you are into dudes!

So far this season hasnt been great but I think, going on past history, it will get batter. I find it starts slow, then as the guys get a bit more comfortable they all start talking more and the rivalry/dislike starts between certain guys.

I'm still yet to voice my opinion on all the fighters abilities as ive not seen them fight, heck we've not even seen many of them train for more than a few seconds.

There is definitely a few guys with potential though, for sure!

Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
New episode tonight guys.

I'm not a Kimbo fanboy, but am kind of interested to see what he can do and if he's managed to up his ground game at all. I think this will be a different fight from last week's debacle since both Kimbo and Roy have fought before and wont be shy to throw down.

I guess I'll go with Kimbo as my pick, since I'm not a huge Roy Nelson fan.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys watching The Ultimate Fighter 10?