Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Any of you guys watching The Ultimate Fighter 10?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
The English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enoughThe English Dude will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
New episode tonight guys.

I'm not a Kimbo fanboy, but am kind of interested to see what he can do and if he's managed to up his ground game at all. I think this will be a different fight from last week's debacle since both Kimbo and Roy have fought before and wont be shy to throw down.

I guess I'll go with Kimbo as my pick, since I'm not a huge Roy Nelson fan.
IFL heavyweight champ against back yard brawler ... was never going to happen

Old 10-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I guess it was more of "who do I like more" pick, than a decision based on their talent level.

To be honest I dont really like either that much, but I cant stand Roy's attitude. He doesnt seem like he appreciates the opportunity that much.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:08 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Oh hell yea man. There are a few of us avid MMA/UFC guys and all watch the show. I must say that so far it has been disappointing as both the fight have been horrid. The last one they were just standing there with hands on knees with two mins left in the second round. That's piss pore when this is supposed to be breeding a Lesnar killer. I am hoping Rampage can do something with Kimbo and teach him some MMA skills.

I read that Rampage bugged out and retired from UFC and hates Dana white or something now so will that have any effect on the show? Anyone know?
I am pretty sure that Rampage is done. He has fought so many good fights in Pride and the UFC, and it looks like his best is behind him. With Machida holding the title right now, it is very doubtful that he could ever get it back, retired or not. Forrest Griffin is still a force in Light Heavy, but after he got owned by "Spider" Silva, it is highly unlikely that he could take the belt either. I think the best hope Light Heavy has for a new champ is Thiago Silva, but that is a stretch considering Machida knocked him out in UFC 94. My slightly knowledgeable, and humble $0.02...

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson: "I'm done fighting" | MMAjunkie.com

Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Kimbo got "whaled" by Big Fattry Nelson. That was a non-event. Kimbo got up with a WTF look and Big Fattry's face was bruised and bleeding. Then that fat SOB tells Dana White to get him two Whoppers w/cheese. Idiot... And that big, tall dude in last week's fight has ZERO cardio. He was winded after half of the first round!!!

I hope it improves. It's a shame about Rampage - that is one funny dude. I heard he's taking Mr. T's role in the A-Team movie. That's smart casting right there, I don't care who ya are.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah Rampage is hilarious. I love the part when he said he said he'd never seen a belly that big before, and it actually looked like he was contemplating the statement seriously.

Yeah, that Wes dude's conditioning was really embarrasing, it's dissapointing to see these guys get a chance and not be ready. Conditioning seems like it's something that you can increase yourself without a lot instruction. I understand that becoming great at BJJ and Muay Thai takes years. But the one thing they can do immediatly is get their conditioning up to respectable level.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I almost _almost_ forgive guys with no professional background for coming out of shape, but that Wes dude was a pro football player. He knows what conditioning is and what kind of shape it takes to be competitive. That was the most shocking part of the fight, with his ***** lack of wanting to hit the other guy following right behind.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:37 PM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Kimbo is a joke! Go back to youtube!

Old 11-08-2009, 01:15 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
All these guys are jokes so far. Nobody's world class or even close. The conditioning and shape of nearly all of them is shameful. I'm pretty surprised with an NFL background like several have that they've shown up with such poor prep for another professional sport.

Kimbo may not have skills, but he's probably one of the least annoying in terms of his attitude and behavior. I liked him less before this show, like him a little more now. Still don't think he has a serious future in the sport though.

Old 11-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
With hope, someone decent comes out of the show. I would love if Kimbo proved all of us wrong and got his sh*t together, but that is beyond doubtful...

Old 11-08-2009, 02:37 PM
Watch this space.
I have to say, Big Baby impressed me with his jiu-jitsu. He looks pretty fit as well. I'd put him and Kimbo at the top for fitness...

Quick Reply: Any of you guys watching The Ultimate Fighter 10?