Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Adebayor faces 'stamp' accusation...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009 | 03:17 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Adebayor faces 'stamp' accusation...

bbc
Robin van Persie has claimed Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor deliberately injured him during Arsenal's 4-2 defeat at Eastlands.

In a statement, Van Persie said he was "sad and disappointed" by Adebayor's "mindless and malicious stamp on me".

The Dutchman added: "He set out to hurt me today. I do feel lucky that I have not received a greater injury."

Adebayor caught Van Persie in the face with his right boot but says it was unintentional and claims he apologised.

"I was trying to kick the ball," Adebayor told Sky Sports. "I see him tackling and I don't have time to take my feet back because I'm trying to kick the ball.

"My feet touch his head. I feel sorry for him and even straight away, and at the end of the game, I said sorry."

However, Van Persie, 26, is adamant that the contact was deliberate....
Dono at first view Van Persie seems to be correct...

YouTube - Emmanuel Adebayor Stamped And Kicked Robin Van Persie's Head HD

Old 09-13-2009 | 09:06 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Looked intentional to me... Adebayor was looking down there the whole time. Plus that stamp on the hand (after the face) looked intentional, too. Ouch. Too bad Van Pussie won't do anything about it. He needs some lessons from the Roy Keane school of revenge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

Old 09-13-2009 | 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Roy Keane now that's a person who understands revenge

Old 09-13-2009 | 11:26 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Kean-o, There's Only One Keano!

Old 09-13-2009 | 07:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Here are my 3 "jokes" on the situation:

Goin' back to Arsenal with sumthin' to prove,
Don't just stand there, busta-move! (and then a face!)

Little did we realize, Ade was actually trying to body slam VP all those times:

And finally: I guess the romance is officially over...

We really need to start winning some games, or I'm going to have to admit that everyone was right about Arsenal coming out of the gate strong and immediately dying...

Old 09-13-2009 | 07:08 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you COB?? Your team is being butcher'd

Old 09-17-2009 | 10:32 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
BBC SPORT | Football | Premier League | Adebayor handed three-match ban

Manchester City's Emmanuel Adebayor has been suspended for three matches for violent conduct following his side's win against Arsenal on 12 September.

The 25-year-old striker clashed with Robin van Persie during the second half of City's 4-2 home victory.

He misses Sunday's trip to Manchester United and home games against Fulham - in the Carling Cup - and West Ham.

Adebayor also faces an improper conduct charge for his goal celebration in front of the Arsenal supporters.

A separate date will be arranged for a commission to consider that charge, with City have until 30 September to respond.

The club decided against contesting Adebayor's violent conduct charge, enabling the Football Association to implement its fast-track disciplinary procedure.

The Togo international, a £25m summer signing from Arsenal, escaped punishment from referee Mark Clattenburg following his clash with Van Persie, which left the Dutchman with a cut to his face.

Old 09-17-2009 | 03:12 PM
Watch this space.
That is a pitiful punishment. The British papers were all hoping he'd get hammered so the discipline of the game doesn't go adrift.... He should have been suspended for at least 10 games, not including CL games.

Old 09-25-2009 | 09:20 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
This is what happens when deep down inside, you have always been a low-life. Otherwise Arsene would not have let him go!