Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Landon Donovan has Swine Flu

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Landon Donovan has Swine Flu

Landon Donovan Has H1N1 Flu Virus | FanNation

U.S. soccer star Landon Donovan has tested positive for the H1N1 flu virus, Donovan told SI.com on Thursday night.

"I felt something when I got into Miami on Sunday," Donovan said. "I just felt real bad and finally went to see the doctor. They took a swab from my nose and confirmed it, so that was that."

Donovan learned of the H1N1 diagnosis on Thursday afternoon, the day after he played 90 minutes in the U.S.'s 2-1 World Cup qualifying loss to Mexico in Mexico City. Even though Mexico has been the epicenter of the global H1N1 outbreak, Donovan said that he contracted the virus in the United States.

Donovan assisted on Charlie Davies's ninth-minute goal that gave the U.S. a 1-0 lead, but Donovan had little impact on the game after that. Usually the U.S.'s fittest and fastest player, Donovan appeared tired midway through the first half and trailed behind Mexico's Efraín Juarez on the run that resulted in Mexico's decisive 82nd-minute goal.

"I haven't felt that way in a game in a long time," Donovan said from Los Angeles. "During the game and even after the game I thought maybe it was the altitude, the heat, whatever. But even so I've never felt that bad. The last time I was there [at Estadio Azteca] I didn't feel that bad. I just felt lethargic, slow. I didn't feel normal."

Donovan said he wasn't sure if he would miss the Los Angeles Galaxy's game on Saturday against the Seattle Sounders. "If I feel well there's no reason why I can't play, but we'll just have to see how I feel," he said. "Judging by how I felt during other flus and colds [in the past], this doesn't seem as bad, so maybe I got a mild strain of it. The [doctors] don't know a ton, so I'm just trying to keep myself away from people and just go by how I feel each day."

For the past two months Donovan has been in a torrid run of form. He has scored in his last three MLS league games and was the league's Player of the Month in July.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
About time.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
what do they expect playing in mexico?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
big deal, he'll get over it......

how many die of the "regular" flu every year?

Old 08-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by STLG
what do they expect playing in mexico?
Donovan said that he contracted the virus in the United States.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by AriA
Donovan said that he contracted the virus in the United States.
yea, people can really tell where they contract a virus...
just because he started feeling sick in the united states (if thats even the case) that is not proof of contracting h1n1

Old 08-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It's probably more like HIV instead H1N1... whiny lil bish. F that dude.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
It's probably more like HIV instead H1N1... whiny lil bish. F that dude.
i didn't know beckham had hiv!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
At least you know who was on top...

Old 08-15-2009, 12:05 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
At least you know who was on top...
yup...