Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

US striker Altidore says he is joining Hull

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
US striker Altidore says he is joining Hull

Just found this, hope it happens, at least Jozy will get some playing time.

LONDON (AP)—Jozy Altidore says he has joined Premier League club Hull subject to a work permit being granted.

The 19-year-old U.S. striker announced on Twitter that he will be introduced at a news conference Thursday.

He wrote Wednesday: “First match is against Chelsea subject to a work permit … thanks for the support and love keep it coming.”

Altidore joined Villarreal from the New York Red Bulls in June 2008. After making only two starts and four substitute appearances during the first half of the season, he was loaned to Xerez in the second division on Jan. 30.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Jozy is quality... Too bad Rossi couldn't embrace the country he was born in.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Meh...

Old 08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Meh...
What!....this thread is quality

Here's the confirmation, now he just needs a work permit:

HULL, England (AP)—Jozy Altidore knows it will take time to adapt to Premier League soccer.

The 19-year-old forward has agreed to join Hull on loan this season. He has limited experience at top-level European soccer, but was impressive in helping the United States reach the Confederations Cup final in South Africa in June.

“Hull is a good club, up and coming, and to have the opportunity of playing in the Premier League is a great thing,” Altidore said Thursday. “It is going to take a little while to get used to but hopefully it is going to be a success.”

Altidore’s switch from the Spanish club Villarreal will be completed if he is granted a permit at a hearing Monday. Hull, in northeast England, has an option to buy him permanently at the end of the season.

“Jozy is unproven at this level but has great potential,” Hull manager Phil Brown said. “We hope he can fill the void of goals from the front line.”

In the Americans’ semifinal win over Spain at the Confederations Cup, Altidore used his strength to score the opening goal in a 2-0 victory over the European champions.

Altidore joined Villarreal from the New York Red Bulls in June 2008. After making only two starts and four substitute appearances during the first half of the season, he was loaned to Xerez in the second division on Jan. 30 and didn’t get into a game.

“I’ve been lucky enough to play in Spain and now the Premier League, two of the best leagues in the world,” he said. “I’m a huge follower of the Premier League. Most people think it is the best league and I’m no different.

“It boasts a bunch of great players and teams and anybody who’s anybody would like to get a chance to play in it.”

Old 08-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
^

Can't say I've seen him play much, and what I've seen of him I can't say he's a quality player. It is though good to see US players getting contracts in the top leagues across Europe. This gives the future of US football some hope.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lol, yeah, I agree with you, just good to see some American's getting some play time.