Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Should Barcelona go on to claim the treble

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Should Barcelona go on to claim the treble

Second title secured with Madrid Loss yesterday

Laporta: This Is One Of The Best Seasons In Barcelona's History

With the league title now certain to return to the Camp Nou, the Barca supremo has offered his thoughts.

Barcelona president Joan Laporta has expressed his immense pride at his side's Primera Division triumph.

After Real Madrid lost 3-2 at Villarreal, Barca were mathematically confirmed as Champions, leading to celebrations all around the city.

Speaking to Barca TV shortly after, Laporta described the feeling as "marvellous".

He continued, "We are living a dream in a year of records. A double is historic and we must enjoy it.

"This is one of the best seasons in our history."

Laporta then spoke of some of the standout moments from this campaign, stating, "Suffering is worthwhile when you win in the end.

"Iniesta's goal [at Chelsea] and the 2-6 at Real Madrid compensate for everything. They will go alongside the 5-0 in 1974 [when Barcelona beat Real Madrid at the Bernabeu], and Bakero's goal in Kaiserslautern [when his away goal took Barca through in the second round of the 1992 European Cup]."

The Barca president then offered his public congratulations to the players and staff, continuing, "I have congratulated Pep [Guardiola], but I want to do so publicly.

"I also spoke to Carles [Puyol] to convey my congratulations to all the players and technical staff, like Txiki Begiristain [the sporting director] and Manel Estiarte [head of external relations]. These are moments to be enjoyed.

"Everything has happened very quickly, but the success is a result of great planning. This is why I want to reserve special praise for Txiki."

Laporta's thoughts then turned to the Champions League, as he said, "The squad is convinced that they can win a historic treble, and Pep has told me that they have enough time to prepare.

"Everyone wanted this final. It is a dream final, with two different styles of play, but both deserving of a title.

"We will be faithful to our philosophy, our identity, and our style of play."

Should Barcelona go on to claim the treble, it will be the first time a Spanish side has ever claimed the league, cup and Champions League in the same season.
Source
Arjun Miglani, Goal.com

Dont miss the celebration game against Real Mallorca an hour from now

Old 05-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute

Hellz Ya!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
its kind of bittersweet to me, now i cant argue that sacking Rijkaaard was a mistake...anyways it is what it is

Old 05-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
its kind of bittersweet to me, now i cant argue that sacking Rijkaaard was a mistake...anyways it is what it is
which is....

Old 05-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to all Barca fans

Originally Posted by Bonita
I know what you mean B ..... although I'm happy for Pep I'll always have a soft spot for Frank however this is still Rijkaard's team

Old 05-17-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Barca fans. See you in 10 days.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:22 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
2 down.. one to go!

Old 05-18-2009, 05:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
2 down.. one to go!
So you are not on 911S's camp?

Old 05-19-2009, 01:37 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GrayTT
So you are not on 911S's camp?
Never was never will be!

Became a fan back in the days Bobby Robson was in charge!

Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Rijkaard's 2 cents

Frank Rijkaard believes that Barcelona can beat Manchester United in the Champions League final if they defend well.

The Catalans come into the match aiming to be the first Spanish side to ever win the treble, after sealing the league and Copa del Rey titles last week.

Talking to FIFA.com, Rijkaard explained how he thinks his former team can win if they keep their shape and do not make mistakes.

"It's going to be a very interesting game to watch. You have some of the world's best players playing against each other. Manchester United have been looking good lately. They have Cristiano Ronaldo, a good quality player who is able to win games for them. But there is Barcelona, they play beautiful football. They are good and are attack-minded," he said.

"I think it's going to be about goals, and more goals. However, if Barcelona defend well, I think they can beat United. If they can keep their shape and not make mistakes, then I can't see how they can lose it. But this is football, you never know."

Certainly there will be plenty of talent on show in Rome and one of those central to the plans of Barcelona is Lionel Messi, who Rijkaard has nothing but praise for.

"He is an exceptional kid. I saw him a few years ago and I was amazed with what he could do with the ball. The way he handles and controls the ball is outstanding and very few people can do that. Messi is still very young and that is good news, because that means he can only get better as a footballer. Football should make people happy and that is what Messi does: he makes people happy, he makes people enjoy the game. I like him a lot," he mused.

Along with Messi, Rijkaard also spoke about Ronaldinho, who he believes can return to his best if he gets his mind in the right place.

"Ronaldinho is another special player, probably amongst the most talented players I have worked with. At Barcelona, he was outstanding. His dazzling skills and his movement on and off the ball was remarkable. I hear some people say he will never be able to rediscover that form, but I don't think that's correct. He needs to refocus on his game, he needs to get his mind on his game and then I have no doubt that he can be at his best again. Like Messi, he brings so much happiness to football," he explained.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Should Barcelona go on to claim the treble