Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

ovechkin's cheap shot on gonchar

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant futurettowsontt has a brilliant future
ovechkin's cheap shot on gonchar

anyone watch the game or see the highlights? first let me say that i have watched ovechkin a lot over the past 2 years and i have always felt he is a dirty (albeit talented) player. he is always taking runs at guys and always leaves his feet for a check, none of which is ever called and all of which is completely unnecessary and always left me to believe that every check is meant to try to put someone out. last night was the icing on the cake. imo he deliberately put his knee out and went knee to knee with gonchar. now gonchar is more than likely done for the series giving the caps a HUGE advantage. ovechkin wont get suspended, just not gonna happen, even if it was clearly ruled intentional. i never ever wish for someone to get hurt and i absolutely hate goons, but with that said, i hope justice is served tonight and someone puts him out.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
I saw the play, and I am in complete agreement with you. He always takes runs and players, and if the NHL doesn't suspend him... somebody better suspend him on the ICE.

I know that sounds bad... but this is the NHL, and trust me... that play won't go unpunished.