Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

This is just wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cupcake of bahrain
Let's not kid ourselves, we all love seeing teams bring in world class players together on the pitch!

I dont care how much it costs, cause nothing goes into my pocket!
To be honest, it's almost more entertaining then some of the matches! Ronaldo to Madrid! Ronaldo to Inter! Ronaldo in Sir Alex's pants!

Old 03-26-2009, 10:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Now it's all about Man U/Chelsea and Liverpool (Sorry Gunners, you're not in this category right now) and it seems, at least to me, that Blatter and Platini do everything they can to stop them from staying on top. Even though they do it fair and square.
I couldn't agree more, it is a proven fact that Blatter/Platini hate English football. Hopefully it will be an all English Champions League final again this year, just for those two.

Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
I couldn't agree more, it is a proven fact that Blatter/Platini hate English football. Hopefully it will be an all English Champions League final again this year, just for those two.
Not to mention that AC Milan and Juve pretty much suck right now. Although Juve are showing signs of improvement. Seria A is pretty boring with Inter dominating for the passed couple of years. Yet they still can't beat Man U once... They can't even score a goal in two matches.

Don't get me wrong, I used to enjoy seria A and I wish that the old folks home (AC milan) get back into the groove... it's just not happening right now.

Old 03-26-2009, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Here's an article from today with Blatter talking some shit:

Blatter slams Premier League

FIFA president Sepp Blatter has claimed those in charge of England's Premier League are just focused on "making money".

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore had a private meeting with Blatter on Monday aimed at building bridges between the two organisations, but the gulf appears as wide as ever.

Blatter said he and Scudamore still have significant differences over their approach to football's finances and quotas for foreign players.

The FIFA president told Bloomberg: "He is working to make a lot of money and I'm working to have football as a social, cultural event around the world, being a school of life, bringing hope, bringing emotions.

"That's the difference."

At the meeting, Scudamore explained the league's opposition to Blatter's proposed 6+5 rule, which would see a maximum of five foreign players in starting line-ups in domestic games.

Blatter added: "He said that with the exception of (David) Beckham all England national team players play in the English league so therefore still his league is playing English football.

"As long as you have in different teams only one or two English players, I think this is not enough."

The Premier League refused to comment on Blatter's remarks, but Football Association chairman Lord Triesman said Scudamore was was only doing his job.

Triesman said: "I'm not running that business in the same way that President Blatter isn't running that business.

"The chief executive of that business has of course got to look after their interests."

I'm sorry, but at the end of the day football is a business, everyone wants to make money. I'm sure most of these mogul types don't sit around and say "I think I'll buy a football team so I can lose loads of money". They look at it as an investment, either to build if the passion is there, or to sell for a profit in a few years. Look at Gillett and Hicks, they seem to be always wrangling to sell Liverpool as long as the price is right and they walk with a profit.

Last edited by All We'll Drive; 03-26-2009 at 02:16 PM.