Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

WTF is wrong with United???

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Can I join ?
Sure, Dulles Airport is right by the Starbucks, I can swing by and pick you up on the way.

What do you mean? Current deal one game per week?
They just re-bid all the Prem game rights recently and Setanta only got the rights to 1 a week going forward. I'm not sure exactly when it goes into effect, maybe not just yet, but the rumours I have heard have ESPN buying Setanta sometime because otherwise they dont know how they will survive. Subscribers will drop like flies if they can only offer 1 game a week.

Sky increase Premier League share as Setanta lose out in latest TV deal | Mail Online

Sky increase Premier League share as Setanta lose out

BSkyB have secured the rights to five of the six packages of live Premier League football from the 2010-11 season to the end of 2012-13, with Setanta claiming the sixth.
The Premier League confirmed the overall value of the six packages, with each containing 23 live games, is £1.782billion.
Setanta have held on to the Saturday evening slot but the Monday night match has returned to Sky.

The Premier League will be delighted to have reported an increase in the value of their live rights despite the tough economic climate.

In the last bidding process for the 2007-08 campaign through to the 2009-10 season, the overall figure was believed to be around £1.7bn.

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore said: 'The Barclays Premier League is a fantastic competition. The continued investment in playing talent and facilities made by the clubs is largely down to the revenue generated through the sale of our broadcast rights.

'The live UK rights are the largest contribution to the revenues we distribute centrally to the clubs and this deal gives them the stability to plan and invest in the most important aspect of our business - the football - everything else flows from that.

'I look forward to continuing our good working relationship with BSkyB and Setanta who both provide excellent programming for fans of Premier League football.

'I would also like to thank all of those broadcasters who took part in the bidding process.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Setanta to fight to regain lost rights
UK sports broadcaster Setanta is seeking a meeting with the Premier League in order to broker a deal to regain the rights it lost in last week’s auction.

The Guardian reports that Setanta will aim the talks at getting back the Monday night package of matches, which Sky successfully bid for. However The Guardian says that sources close to the process say that this will be “virtually impossible.”

The Guardian says that analysts believe Setanta’s winning only one package of rights last week may not be enough to sustain its subscriber numbers, and could put an already loss-making business deeper into the red.

The Guardian quotes media research group Enders Analysis as saying about Setanta, “We must…envisage mass subscriber defections, with every 100,000 subscribers now worth approximately £10m on in annual revenues. Today, Setanta reaches about 1.5 million direct subscribers, slightly short of its required break-even total [estimated at around 1.7-1.8m at current prices]. With live Premier League football such a jewel in its crown, the fear is that Setanta could easily lose upwards of a third of its current subscriber base. At the very least it has to review its entire business plan and survival cannot be taken for granted.”

However The Guardian says that a spokesman for Setanta dismissed suggestions that the business was in trouble, saying “Following the outcome of the Premier League rights auction there is understandable speculation about the future of the business.

“But Setanta retain the right to show 46 Premier League games per season until the end of 2009–10, along with a host of other top-class sport including international football, the FA Cup, golf, boxing, Indian Premier League cricket and Guinness Premiership rugby.”
At least you'll still get Indian Cricket and ruggers.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info. If Sky gets it, how do I get these matches? Sky is not available in Canada.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Not sure, maybe watching online is your best bet.

I've never heard of anyone getting Sky in this country, but I'm not 100% sure if it's impossible.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Joeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond reputeJoeskie has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe Setanta north america will keep the matches... I don't know but someone deffinetly has to get these games. I don't like watching online.....Rogers sportsnet used to have many, now they have one match per week... so does The Score.

Edit:

From what I have found online, the deal goes through in 2010. And they only lost the monday night matches. They still have 4 of 6 packages. They are trying to get monday nights back though. We will see... still have a lot of time left

Last edited by Joeskie; 03-23-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Sorry, didnt see this till tonight. Let me know if your around next Sunday for coffee and maybe we can get Stevie Wonder to show up too.
Fo sho... Bring Pure Saabo.

If Setanta doesn't broadcast more games next season, I'll drop them and add the Spanish package and get Gol TV and ESPN Deportes.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sounds good, I'll give a call later in the week.

Old 03-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Yo dudes, I'll let you know if I can make it. Do we bring wives to these things?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Sure... Bring her if she wants to come.