Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official Team Speed Sports Memorabilia Picture and Story Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, you guys have some great collections! I realy don't have any memorabilia other than the rim of a BBS rim that broke off of a Formula BMW at Road America a few summers ago. I don't know if it counts as memorabilia but I've got a picture of an F430 GT2 race car that I took at Road America during the ALMS race that I plan to get framed once I find a place to hang it. It's not signed by the drivers or anything, but I think it's a really cool picture.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
WOW Mini D! That is an AMAZING collection!

This is great guys! I love to see all of this awesome stuff. Don't forget the stories behind them. Every piece of memorabilia has a story behind it!

Keep is coming!!

Old 02-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
How we ended up with this stuff is a long story. Bought it from a guy who lost a bunch of money gambling so he was selling all of it cheap. Not all of it was from that guy, though.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Time for an update to this thread!

Below is one of my favorite sports cards. I have a very large sports card collection that I have been amassing over the past 30 years. A lot of the cards I have I actually pulled from packs in the 70s and 80s. The card below is one of them.

This is my 1986-87 Karl Malone rookie card. There are a couple of interesting things about this card.

First, it is considered Karl Malone's rookie card even though it was produced in his second year as a pro. This is because no basketball card sets were produced between 1984 and 1986. Michael Jordon's rookie card is also in this set even though his actual rookie year was 1984. I have two of those both graded Gem Mint 10.

Second, as mentioned about my MJ rookies, this card is graded by Beckett to be a Mint 10 or better. This card set - produced by Fleer - was actually just a test of the basketball card market and was hastily printed and packaged. Many of the cards are off center or plagued with other imperfections and the card stock is very weak. The example below is as perfect as you are going to get from this set.

And finally, I pulled this card from the pack in 1987! I was able to get my hands on two unopened boxes of these cards through a friend who owned a shop. I was able to assemble 2 complete sets from those boxes and trades with him and have multiples of nearly all the stars. Interestingly, however, I only pulled this one Karl Malone. I pulled 3 Barkleys, 2 Jordons, 2 Stocktons, and 3 Clyde Drexlers - all rookie cards - but just the one Malone. I even pulled 5 Dominque Wilkins rookie cards from the wax. When I pulled this card it immedately went into a plastic case and has not touched human hands since. I had it graded at a card show. The grader from Beckett used special tools to remove and examine it.

In this condition I would say the card is worth about $250 - $300 retail. Just look at those sharp corners - just like the day I pulled it!

Last edited by Barrister; 02-25-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Dana your first story is absolutely insane. What a trip almost makes me feel like a bad big brother because I didn't do anything like that with my little bro. Maybe I'll have to plan something with him now. I also like that you came to OUR has and admitted it is the Baseball Mecca You should take your son to a game this year at the new Mecca.

MiniD- Mrs.D must be a pretty amazing lady to let you and your old man have that stuff all over the house it's amazing. My mother and girlfriend would never be down for that. One room in the house dedicated is fine but all over not a shot haha...

Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
WOW Mini D! That is an AMAZING collection!

This is great guys! I love to see all of this awesome stuff. Don't forget the stories behind them. Every piece of memorabilia has a story behind it!

Keep is coming!!
He didn't get the Vlad Expos jersey.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Time for an update to this thread!

Below is one of my favorite sports cards. I have a very large sports card collection that I have been amassing over the past 30 years. A lot of the cards I have I actually pulled from packs in the 70s and 80s. The card below is one of them.

This is my 1986-87 Karl Malone rookie card. There are a couple of interesting things about this card.

First, it is considered Karl Malone's rookie card even though it was produced in his second year as a pro. This is because no basketball card sets were produced between 1984 and 1986. Michael Jordon's rookie card is also in this set even though his actual rookie year was 1984. I have two of those both graded Gem Mint 10.

Second, as mentioned about my MJ rookies, this card is graded by Beckett to be a Mint 10 or better. This card set - produced by Fleer - was actually just a test of the basketball card market and was hastily printed and packaged. Many of the cards are off center or plagued with other imperfections and the card stock is very weak. The example below is as perfect as you are going to get from this set.

And finally, I pulled this card from the pack in 1987! I was able to get my hands on two unopened boxes of these cards through a friend who owned a shop. I was able to assemble 2 complete sets from those boxes and trades with him and have multiples of nearly all the stars. Interestingly, however, I only pulled this one Karl Malone. I pulled 3 Barkleys, 2 Jordons, 2 Stocktons, and 3 Clyde Drexlers - all rookie cards - but just the one Malone. I even pulled 5 Dominque Wilkins rookie cards from the wax. When I pulled this card it immedately went into a plastic case and has not touched human hands since. I had it graded at a card show. The grader from Beckett used special tools to remove and examine it.

In this condition I would say the card is worth about $250 - $300 retail. Just look at those sharp corners - just like the day I pulled it!

Don't get Minid started on our cards....