Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Say It Ain't So! A-Rod Tested Positive For Steriods in 2003

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Say It Ain't So! A-Rod Tested Positive For Steriods in 2003

I have always said that Barry Bonds is the greatest player in MLB history but that he will never properly carry that torch because of steroids. I was always alright with that because A-Rod was going to break all of Bonds' records - steriod free - and legitimize these great feats. Now it looks like A-Rod was taking as well. I suppose A-Rod is innocent until proven guilty. But I think all MLB players have learned an important lesson from Roger Clemens - if you deny taking when you really did, you will be destroyed. Notice how A-Rod never denies the report . . . .

A-Rod tested positive in 2003

ESPN.com news services

According to a report by Sports Illustrated, Alex Rodriguez tested positive for anabolic steroids in 2003, when he was with the Texas Rangers and won the AL home run title and MVP award.

According to the report, which was posted Saturday morning on SI.com, sources told the publication that Rodriguez was on a list of 104 players who tested positive that year, when Major League Baseball conducted tests to see if mandatory random drug testing was needed.

In 2003, there were no penalties for a positive result.

Rodriguez, reached at a Miami gym for comment by Sports Illustrated, said, "You'll have to talk to the union."

Asked if there were an explanation for the positive test result, Rodriguez told SI: "I'm not saying anything."

Sports Illustrated also reported that it left phone messages for players' union executive director Donald Fehr, which were not returned.

Major League Baseball, in an agreement with the MLBPA, wanted to see if random drug testing should be implemented starting in 2004.

More than 5 percent of players in the majors tested positive in the '03 survey, and mandatory testing was implemented -- including provisions for penalties -- in 2004.

Scott Boras, Rodriguez's agent, did not immediately return calls from ESPN.com seeking comment.

Michael Weiner, general counsel for the players' union, declined to comment, and said he did not know if the union would have any comment Saturday.

Old 02-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Go Yankees!

Old 02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Go Yankees!
Misguided youth . . . .

Old 02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Misguided youth . . . .
And Ferrari.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by MiniD
And Ferrari.
Juvenile delinquent!

Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Love it

Old 02-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond reputeSteveH has a reputation beyond repute
innocent until proven guilty only applies in a court of law. these guys are ALL guilty. and the buck shouldn't stop with MLB. at this point it has to be assumed that nearly every pro athlete in the last 20 years has been influenced by steroids and HGH, and many i'm sure continue to use HGH as there is still no reliable test for it. There is simply too much money involved not to. A-Rod has made hundreds of millions of dollars. If you're going to give me $250mil I'll shoot myself up with anything you tell me to.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond reputeGuessWho has a reputation beyond repute
I'd belive it. When he was with the Mariners he wasn't that big of a guy. By the time he was with the Yanks he was huge.

Last edited by GuessWho; 02-07-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GuessWho
I'd belive it. When he was with the Mariners he wasn't that big of a guy. By the time he was with the Yanks he was huge.
True. But he was also VERY young when he was with the Mariners - 19-years old if I remember right. He had a lot of maturing to do. It wasn't like the transformation Bonds made when he was in his 30s.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Yonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond reputeYonder has a reputation beyond repute
I believe you would have been silly not to use, prior to punishments/testing in 04 or whatever.

I commend the man for not talking and not risking perjury - or the appearance of perjury.

Plead the fifth A-Rod, do not be a Clemens or a Martha Stewart or a B Bonds!

Wilson

Quick Reply: Say It Ain't So! A-Rod Tested Positive For Steriods in 2003