Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Drive for 5 has arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Drive for 5 has arrived!

Congrats to Team Canada for winning its FIFTH World Jr Hockey Championship in a row.

What a game. They may not have looked great in the semi's vs. Russia, but they showed that they are the best in finals winning 5-1.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
Holmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the roughHolmer is a jewel in the rough
Congrats! 'Thoug I'm kind of pist off on how the canadian audience acted against some of the swedish players, like Jacob Markström and Victor Hedman.

But then again, Canada played better hockey and actually managed to score and create opportunities.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Congrats!

It's a game with alot of emotions, next time on neutral ground the audience wont act like that, which is nice.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Holmer
Congrats! 'Thoug I'm kind of pist off on how the canadian audience acted against some of the swedish players, like Jacob Markström and Victor Hedman.

But then again, Canada played better hockey and actually managed to score and create opportunities.
in defense:
1) Im sure you guys would do the same if we were in your house.
2) I have never seen a goalies mask fly off so easily/so many times, as well as his overreaction to his own player hitting him!
YouTube - Markstrom? More like Divestrom.

Note: in the second part of that clip, Esposito did trip Markstrum, but it was in an attempt to avoid him. He should have received a tripping/interference penalty, as should have Hedman for throwing punches.

There is also video evidence (thanks to the net cam) of a Swedish player in the middle of a goal line scrum, of him biting a team Canada player.
Despicable.
YouTube - Joakim Andersson Bites Thomas Hickey??

Then 2 minutes later, a Swede snowed out goalie with him partner giving him a solid bump.

It was a good thing the refs didn't let this game get out of hand.

/Rant.

Edit:
Originally Posted by strebo
Yeah, Congrats!

It's a game with alot of emotions, next time on neutral ground the audience wont act like that, which is nice.
Haha, going to have to wait a few years for that, next years tournament is in Saskatoon/Regina (Supaflys 'hood), with 2001 being held in Buffalo, and 2012 has a bid in from Toronto.

Btw: My brother was at the semi-final Canada/Russia game an said it was the absolute most intense sporting match he has ever encountered

Last edited by Craigger; 01-06-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:12 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
in defense:
1) Im sure you guys would do the same if we were in your house.
2) I have never seen a goalies mask fly off so easily/so many times, as well as his overreaction to his own player hitting him!
YouTube - Markstrom? More like Divestrom.

Note: in the second part of that clip, Esposito did trip Markstrum, but it was in an attempt to avoid him. He should have received a tripping/interference penalty, as should have Hedman for throwing punches.

There is also video evidence (thanks to the net cam) of a Swedish player in the middle of a goal line scrum, of him biting a team Canada player.
Despicable.
YouTube - Joakim Andersson Bites Thomas Hickey??

Then 2 minutes later, a Swede snowed out goalie with him partner giving him a solid bump.

It was a good thing the refs didn't let this game get out of hand.

/Rant.

Edit:

Haha, going to have to wait a few years for that, next years tournament is in Saskatoon/Regina (Supaflys 'hood), with 2001 being held in Buffalo, and 2012 has a bid in from Toronto.

Btw: My brother was at the semi-final Canada/Russia game an said it was the absolute most intense sporting match he has ever encountered
1) Maybe we would, but to this date I've never heard the Swedish audience "buuu"-out any player in a national game, especially not in "junior" hockey.

2) I do agree with you on this one, even though I don't think this makes it alright to hit the goalie. We all know the goalie is a "no-go".

Regarding the accident/overreacting, when he got hit by his own player, that is ridiculous. Even though the Swedish player got showed by a canadian player that's hockey. Grow a pair and at least try to stand up (Markström that is ).

However, Esposito did hit the goalie and Hedman did throw 1-2 punches. Esposito trying to avoid Markström is just pure BS, if he would've wanted to avoid him he could've easily by going 1-2m to the left/right.
Even if they had been penalized that would be more correct then just letting it go. While letting these penalties go the referees more or less said "It's okay to hit Swedens goalie" because we all know how the players will react. That is pathetic IMO. A penalty is a penalty, nothing is going to change that.

About the biting incident the only thing I can do is sit here in shame. He should've been sent off by coach or atleast by the referee.

If I recall right the Swedes was "showed" into your goalie by one of your own players. I could be wrong though .

/rantrantrantrant

Damn! I guess I'll have to pay you guys a visit. No wonder you guys always win .

J/K! Hopefully someone neutral could shime in and tell us how it really was. We're kinda biased I guess. Excluding all the DRaMAH Canada was the better hockey team and really deserve to win it's fifth! Hopefully we'll meet in the next final again!

Edit: Sorry for the blurry post

Old 01-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
USA should have won new years eve night. That hit from behind from Canada was BULL. No respect for them. They are dirty players. I hope they don't win.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I think Markstrom is a tool. That guy needs an Oscar for all the acting he does and I HATE players like that

Old 01-07-2009, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by strebo
However, Esposito did hit the goalie and Hedman did throw 1-2 punches. Esposito trying to avoid Markström is just pure BS, if he would've wanted to avoid him he could've easily by going 1-2m to the left/right.
Even if they had been penalized that would be more correct then just letting it go. While letting these penalties go the referees more or less said "It's okay to hit Swedens goalie" because we all know how the players will react. That is pathetic IMO. A penalty is a penalty, nothing is going to change that.
/rantrantrantrant

Damn! I guess I'll have to pay you guys a visit. No wonder you guys always win .
I agree with you dude (already said it)
Btw - you're welcome here anytime. I have enough hockey equipment we can duke it out on the pond (where the real games are played)

Jon - I agree fully. Hit from behind - Penalty. Just what Stefan Della Rovere recieved. I dont know where you're going this one.. Fact is, few teams will win after giving up 4 unanswered goals.

I find it a bit preposterous to say the least to label the whole team as dirty. There were multiple times in the tournament where PK Subban and others would go directly to the referee about a late hit instead of engaging in a (usless) scrum.

Do you remember this one from 2007?
Late elbow to the face, on an unsuspecting player, after a goal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf5SanphHBo

Last edited by Craigger; 01-07-2009 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
USA should have won new years eve night. That hit from behind from Canada was BULL. No respect for them. They are dirty players. I hope they don't win.
Yet the fact that 70% of the players on the American NHL teams are Canadian & they aren't dirty? lol One hit doesn't make a team dirty.

p.s...The Russia game was WICKED!

Old 01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe you guys are right, I was pretty loaded watching the game.

Quick Reply: Drive for 5 has arrived!