Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Did I Mention that USC is the No. 1 Team in the Country?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
How freaking awesome was that stealth bomber? Best Rose Bowl evar.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by arzcatz3
I very much hate USC because their fans are very arrogant and "bandwagonish" but they are the best team in the country. There is no doubt in my mind they would crush UF, Utah, and OU.
I hardly think there are any "bandwagonish" USC fans, at least from the lot that went to school there. Every one of them I know is as died in the wool as they come. I do know quite a few people in LA who did not go to SC but are fans nonetheless. That may be who you are referring to. But it may be more appropriate to say that those sorts of folks have jumped on the locomotive (rather than the bandwagon) because this train's been a rollin' a long time. . .

Old 01-03-2009, 08:25 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I very much hate USC because their fans are very arrogant and "bandwagonish" but they are the best team in the country. There is no doubt in my mind they would crush UF, Utah, and OU.
As a kid growing up in LA, you are given a choice to make: USC or UCLA

I picked USC very early on (like 1976) after my dad would talk about OJ, etc. Of course years later when I was accepted by USC but denied by UCLA for being "the wrong ethnic background", that made my choice all the more clear. So yeah, I guess I've been on the bandwagon for 32 of my 36 years...

If Josh (LA Brit) reads this, I'd imagine it's a similar choice between becoming a Chelsea/Fulham or Arsenal/Tottenham supporter growing up in London.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris --

In the seventies, you are absolutely correct -- John Mckay, coach Robinson, the running backs, OJ, White, Marcus Allen -- the horse running down the sidelines.

I only applied to two schools -- When SC accepted me; game over (the other school was Stanfart)

What year did you graduate?

1990 here.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
I hardly think there are any "bandwagonish" USC fans, at least from the lot that went to school there. Every one of them I know is as died in the wool as they come. I do know quite a few people in LA who did not go to SC but are fans nonetheless. That may be who you are referring to. But it may be more appropriate to say that those sorts of folks have jumped on the locomotive (rather than the bandwagon) because this train's been a rollin' a long time. . .

Are you joking? USC was nothing until Carroll showed up there. No one cared or went to the games. As soon as USC "got good" than all the USC football fans came out of the woodwork. I definitely respect USC but when Carroll leaves you guys will go back to mediocrity.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!arzcatz3 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
As a kid growing up in LA, you are given a choice to make: USC or UCLA

I picked USC very early on (like 1976) after my dad would talk about OJ, etc. Of course years later when I was accepted by USC but denied by UCLA for being "the wrong ethnic background", that made my choice all the more clear. So yeah, I guess I've been on the bandwagon for 32 of my 36 years...

If Josh (LA Brit) reads this, I'd imagine it's a similar choice between becoming a Chelsea/Fulham or Arsenal/Tottenham supporter growing up in London.
Of course I'm not talking about almuni of USC, I'm talking about the millions who all of a sudden claim USC as their own yet were no where to be seen 10 years ago.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond reputeELIM has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orlando333
...What year did you graduate?

1990 here.
Class of 1995 and 1997 here.

Was there during the drought years (yes, winless against UCLA AND ND thru my 6yrs there). Very painful for many of us who attended every game. Man, I'm enjoying these Carroll years!

Old 01-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
Arzcatz

Been a cardinal and gold season ticket holder since graduation - and let's just say it ain't cheap to be a senior member

I suffered through the Smith years (where he stated at the end, SC is just SC now); Robo Fat 2 (where johny boy took a pay check) and hacket (horrible man and coach; saw him at a restaurant the day after he was fired (and took the school for $2 million in a payout)-- I kid you not (this was in Manhattan Beach, CA -- trojan territory) all the alumni would go up to him and say "nice job", he would respond by pulling out a big wad of $100 bills (as if to say, don't care about you or SC, I got my money).

SC has a better foundation in place -- Petey has brought in good system and restored order; if he leaves, we should be in good position

Old 01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i'm '92 alum. and life long fan. i'm a third generation trojan and football booster.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Are you joking? USC was nothing until Carroll showed up there. No one cared or went to the games. As soon as USC "got good" than all the USC football fans came out of the woodwork. I definitely respect USC but when Carroll leaves you guys will go back to mediocrity.
That's what I was thinking...but being a PSU grad I may be a little biased.

Quick Reply: Did I Mention that USC is the No. 1 Team in the Country?