Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Real Madrid Move For Arsenal's Wenger

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Real Madrid Move For Arsenal's Wenger

According to The Mirror, Real Madrid have offered Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal manager, €26 million to become their head coach next summer.

Juande Ramos, who was sacked by Tottenham Hotspur in October, is currently in charge at the Santiago Bernabeu, but his contract lasts only until the end of the season.

Thus, unless the former Sevilla boss turns around the Merengues' domestic form in remarkable fashion, or leads them to a 10th European Cup triumph, a new gaffer will be required. And who better to take the reins in Spain than a man who has been approached for the job three times in the past?

Usually, this rumour would be a non-starter due to the fact Wenger has never broken a contract and has more than two years remaining on his current deal at Ashburton Grove. But the Frenchman's position is under close scrutiny for perhaps the first time since he succeeded caretaker Pat Rice following Bruce Rioch's departure in 1996.

At the halfway point of the season, Arsenal are all but out of contention for the Premier League title. They sit fifth in the standings, 10 points behind leaders Liverpool.

Furthermore, Wenger's reluctance to delve into the transfer market for experienced, top-drawer talent has left sections of the club's fans fuming - especially after the departures of Gilberto Silva, Mathieu Flamini, Lassana Diarra and Aleksandr Hleb in recent times.

Combine all that with the behind-the-scenes unrest which is rocking the Emirates at the moment, and The Professor may well decided to pull up anchor and sail off on an Iberian adventure.

Wenger is Arsenal's most successful manager, having collected three Premier League crowns and four FA Cups during his 12-year tenure.

Mike Maguire, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I still can't believe they sacked Del Bosque after he won La Liga and the Champions League. Retarded...

I love Real, but for the life of me, I can't understand a lot of their managerial selections. Also, when will the board realize it takes more than a season for a team to gel? Ask Barcelona, who are reaping the benefits of letting their team play together and being patient (even if they did boot Rikjard).

Old 01-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I still can't believe they sacked Del Bosque after he won La Liga and the Champions League. Retarded...

I love Real, but for the life of me, I can't understand a lot of their managerial selections. Also, when will the board realize it takes more than a season for a team to gel? Ask Barcelona, who are reaping the benefits of letting their team play together and being patient (even if they did boot Rikjard).
disclaimer: I'm a die hard FCBarcelona fanatic..... ok now that we got that outa the way Real Madrid firing Del Bosque has to be one of the biggest mistake in modern football.... Real's lack of continuity in season's past is costing them big time I think the first thing Real needs to do is fire Mijatovic and delete the director of football position (so does Barca for that matter) if you are going to place all blame on the managers might as well give them all the responsibility

Old 01-01-2009, 12:31 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Agreed - They should follow what most of the EPL does and let the managers make the personnel decisions. *still shaking my head about Del Bosque*