Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Lippi: Barcelona For Champions League, Scudetto To Inter

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Lippi: Barcelona For Champions League, Scudetto To Inter

Italy coach Marcello Lippi has heaped high praise on Roma tactician Luciano Spalletti, and also made his Scudetto and Champions League predictions.

Spalletti has been outstanding with the Giallorossi, leading them to the Coppa Italia and a Scudetto runners-up place last season.

Lippi admires the bald-headed man and he has revealed Juventus were after the Roma coach in 2004.

"I think Spalletti is the best coach. He did so well last season with a squad which was inferior to Roberto Mancini's Inter," Lippi told La Stampa.

"I even told the Triade (Luciano Moggi, Roberto Bettega and Antonio Giraudo) to take him in 2004 when I left Juventus."

Lippi, who has tasted success in the Champions League as well as Serie A, has made his picks for 2009.

Surprisingly, no Italian team will win Europe's elite competition as far as the coach is concerned.

"I think the best team around is Barcelona. They will win the Champions League and La Liga," continued Lippi.

"The Scudetto will go to Inter."

Salvatore Landolina, Goal.com

Attached Images