Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Cristiano Ronaldo Could Face Ban Over Tottenham Kicking

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Cristiano Ronaldo Could Face Ban Over Tottenham Kicking

Mike Dean was the referee as Manchester United drew a blank with Tottenham Hotspur at the weekend. The Manchester Evening News reports that the Football Association will review his report before deciding which action to take against Cristiano Ronaldo.

The Portuguese powerhouse kicked out at Spurs' Michael Dawson after the pair had tumbled to the ground, with most deeming the act sheer petulance.

Ronaldo would perhaps say that Dawson gave him a little shunt as they went down on the touchline, but the cheeky kick was irrefutable and brings United's discipline into question again, following Wayne Rooney's violent run-out against Aalborg in midweek.

The Lilywhites stopper said of the incident: "I made a tackle and was running off, so I don't know what happened."

Ronaldo was recently suspended and the newspaper reports that video evidence could be used to land him in more hot water.

Rooney and Ronaldo aside, Sir Alex Ferguson was banned and fined for rowing with referee Dean last month, while Patrice Evra has three games of a four match ban remaining after last term's Chelsea brawl.

Greg Ptolomey, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Even though I'm a United fan I think thats the right thing to do. I'm so tired of all this shit taking place at the field. On another note, did you read about the Celtic fan that went onto the pitch during the Celtic - United game a couple weeks ago?

Old 12-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by strebo
Even though I'm a United fan I think thats the right thing to do. I'm so tired of all this shit taking place at the field. On another note, did you read about the Celtic fan that went onto the pitch during the Celtic - United game a couple weeks ago?
on your first point agreed. regarding the Celtic fan rushing the field was this recent I seem to recall a similar incident last season

Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
The fan who rushed the field got 6months prison and 5years ban from all celtic games....I know thats way hard, but come on, why the f' should he be on the pitch? I guess thats why it's not so common with people rushing the pitch in EPL, or in the Scottish league.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Nutcrusher
Old 12-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
How about the bullshit disallowed goal? People hate Ronaldo so much it affects games...

Old 12-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Nutcrusher
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
How about the bullshit disallowed goal? People hate Ronaldo so much it affects games...
You mean the handball incident? Well, It did touch the arm so I think It was correct by the referee....still sucks though.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:34 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
It is a much different thing for the ball to hit your arm than to have a deliberate handball. He had nothing to do with the ball hitting his arm. Goal should've counted...

Old 12-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Nutcrusher
Well, I understand what you're saying but the arm wasn't next to the body and that's what the referee was judging by. Which is correct.

And, If the ball hadn't touched his arm it had gone away from him and he hadn't been able to score.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Watch this space.
Yeah well it's over now... amazing that the big 4 all had draws...

Quick Reply: Cristiano Ronaldo Could Face Ban Over Tottenham Kicking