Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

like.no.other's Player Ratings: Barcelona 2-0 Real Madrid

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 07:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
like.no.other's Player Ratings: Barcelona 2-0 Real Madrid

BARCELONA

Victor Valdes - 8 - Did what he had to do admittedly with a little luck. Valdes is by no means an excellent keeper but performed better than usual none the less

Daniel Alves - 8 - excellent going forward was integral factor in Barca's attack not so great in defense but did enough

Rafael Marquez - 7.5 - A solid game from the stopper, who looked calm and assured at most times. very aggressive could've been booked a second time.

Carles Puyol - 9 - A text book performance from the Barca captain. Great defending and a superb assist to Eto'o for the opener.

Eric Abidal - 7 - A solid performance from the left back. Quickly answering his critics that say he needs to be replaced.

Yaya Toure - 8 - Was very effective in completely neutralizing Real Madrid's midfield. Making the argument that he is starting 11 material.

Eidur Gudjohnsen - 5 - Not the best performance from Eidur who was given a chance to shine in a big game. Didn't too much in the first half, but his brief second half was full of mistakes, and he was soon replaced. Barca's weak link without a doubt.

Xavi -5.5- A low rating because he is the best central midfielder IMO and choked by all means in my book. He was absent for a lot of the time and did not press forward as much as he should against a makeshift line up of Los Blancos .

Lionel Messi - 8 - Showed that he matured knew how to use the opposing players tackles to his advantage and got Ramos booked who in turn had understandably had a quieter game. Scored a magnificent goal in injury time to add insult to injury.

Thierry Henry - 8 - One of his better games for Barca, following on from last week's performance. Was a constant threat to Salgado although I was expecting him to give Salgado a harder time, and capped off his performance with an excellent assist for Messi.

Samuel Eto'o - 7.5 - He missed the crucial penalty but won back the fans by scoring the opening goal and in that showed his enthusiasm and how he loves to score against his old team. He was out of the game most of the time due to Xavi and a solid defense from the opponents.

SUBS:

Busquets - 8 - Made an immediate impact after coming on. His strength and composure was too much for a tiring Madrid, and he used it to win a penalty.

Hleb - 6 - Only came on for the last few minutes, but helped in running out the clock.

Keita - n/a - Came on virtually at the final whistle, and may not even have actually touched the ball.

Real Madrid

Iker Casillas - 8.5 - Generally an excellent game, although there were one or two moments of madness. Were it not for him though, the game would have been decided far earlier than it was.

Michel Salgado - 6.5 - Played better than most expected, but in the end just didn't have the legs. Also gave away the penalty.

Christoph Metzelder - 7 - Had a decent game considering his lack of playing time.

Fabio Cannavaro - 7 - Much like Metzelder, was playing fairly well until the last ten minutes. He always seems to raise his performance from this game, but on this occasion it was not enough.

Sergio Ramos - 7.5 - Excellent performance from the Spaniard considering he was playing out of position almost completely shut down the left flank.

Fernando Gago - 8 - Held his own for most of the match against Barca's maestro Xavi won the duel between the two in my book.

Guti - 4 - Guti was largely anonymous for a lot of the game just did not get involved enough.

Wesley Sneijder - 5 - Bad choice to start considering his fitness although he caused Barca a scare or two.

Royston Drenthe - 8- Did very well going forward, and his pace was a constant threat, can't say the same about his finishing.

Raul - 7 - Another quiet game from the Real Madrid, but had one moment of absolute brilliance when his through ball found Drenthe, but the Dutchman could not finish.

Gonzalo Higuain - 7 - His pace was always a danger, but didn't really have many opportunities due to the tactics.

SUBS:

Palanca - 7 - excellent debut for the youngster you could not ask more from a kid in his debut game in El Clasico of all games.

Javi Garcia - 5 - Didn't really have much time to make any sort of impact.

Van Der Vaart - 5 - Was only one for the last ten minutes or so, but the fact that Sneijder was chosen over him to start might be haunting the new manager.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:59 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said earlier, Real really needed Van Nistelrooy. They didn't look dangerous at all, which is a shocker considering we're talking about Real Madrid.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Like I said earlier, Real really needed Van Nistelrooy. They didn't look dangerous at all, which is a shocker considering we're talking about Real Madrid.
you make it sound like Barca did not win the game but Real lost it...

Old 12-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Not at all - Barca was dangerous and flowing the whole time. What I was saying is that Real lacked bite, which is not something a Real Madrid side would be accused of. Please don't read into it... Barca fully deserved the win.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Not at all - Barca was dangerous and flowing the whole time. What I was saying is that Real lacked bite, which is not something a Real Madrid side would be accused of. Please don't read into it... Barca fully deserved the win.

just wanted to here it...

Old 12-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Watch this space.
Yeah no worries - when my side is beaten, I am not afraid to admit it.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah no worries - when my side is beaten, I am not afraid to admit it.
Damn Chris I never thought you were a Real fan but i guess it figures since you're a Man U supporter

Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Watch this space.
Ha ha - I am Man U first and foremost, but I have teams I like in other leagues. For the record, I like Ajax, Inter, Bayern (and to a lesser extent, Stuttgart), Real, Chivas, River Plate, Galaxy, and my underdog EPL team, West Ham.

I like Ajax from back in the mid-90s (my buddy lived in Amsterdam and told me about them). I've been an Inter fan since Ronaldo joined them - didn't follow Serie A much before that. Bayern, well, it's Bayern. My friend in HS introduced me to Real Madrid. My housekeeper/nanny loved Chivas, so I did, too. I hate Boca, so River Plate is the natural team to turn to. Galaxy since I'm from LA, and West Ham because I like their bulldog nature. "Green Street Hooligans" didn't hurt either...

Old 12-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ha ha - I am Man U first and foremost, but I have teams I like in other leagues. For the record, I like Ajax, Inter, Bayern (and to a lesser extent, Stuttgart), Real, Chivas, River Plate, Galaxy, and my underdog EPL team, West Ham.

I like Ajax from back in the mid-90s (my buddy lived in Amsterdam and told me about them). I've been an Inter fan since Ronaldo joined them - didn't follow Serie A much before that. Bayern, well, it's Bayern. My friend in HS introduced me to Real Madrid. My housekeeper/nanny loved Chivas, so I did, too. I hate Boca, so River Plate is the natural team to turn to. Galaxy since I'm from LA, and West Ham because I like their bulldog nature. "Green Street Hooligans" didn't hurt either...
well good for you I don't think you left anything out.... I myself am a one team man but having said that i follow alot of football La liga , EPL and the Champion's league..... When it comes to who I like well Barca obviously in La Liga but when it comes to the UCL I support whatever Spanish team there is I always want the La Liga teams to progress as far as possible. The funny thing about me with the EPL is that I don't like teams I detest Man U and Liverpool equally I don't know why I always support the team they play against..... FYI my hate for Man U is recent I liked them in the Murinho era and Chelsea were the team I hated

Old 12-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by like.no.other
well good for you I don't think you left anything out.... I myself am a one team man but having said that i follow alot of football La liga , EPL and the Champion's league..... When it comes to who I like well Barca obviously in La Liga but when it comes to the UCL I support whatever Spanish team there is I always want the La Liga teams to progress as far as possible. The funny thing about me with the EPL is that I don't like teams I detest Man U and Liverpool equally I don't know why I always support the team they play against..... FYI my hate for Man U is recent I liked them in the Murinho era and Chelsea were the team I hated
Barca in Spain
Juventus in Italy
And when push comes to shove I am a winner whichever which way

Sorry Chris but I am an anyone but Man U kinda guy

Quick Reply: like.no.other's Player Ratings: Barcelona 2-0 Real Madrid