Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Thierry Henry Ready For Real Madrid Revenge

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 03:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Thierry Henry Ready For Real Madrid Revenge

Barcelona’s French forward Thierry Henry is anxiously awaiting his opportunity to avenge the Blaugrana’s double defeat to Real Madrid last season.

Barcelona’s sublime 4-0 win over Valencia on Saturday, coupled with Real Madrid’s 4-3 defeat at home to Sevilla on Sunday evening has opened up a massive nine-point gap between the two sides heading into this weekend’s El Clasico clash.

But Blaugrana forward Thierry Henry wants to inflict even more pain on the eternal rivals from the capital as he looks to avenge Barca’s bitter double defeat to Los Merengues last term when they lost 1-0 at the Camp Nou and were decimated 4-1 at the Santiago Bernabeu back in May this year.

“I’m annoyed that I have yet to beat Real Madrid in a Barcelona shirt, yet I have never lost to them before (prior to joining Barca),” he said in an interview with Sport.

“I remember clearly our trip to the Bernabeu last season and all the bad things we were going through at the time and the circumstances of the game itself. It was difficult to go there and play and even more difficult to take at the end of the 90 minutes.

“I have lived through it and it is something I never want to experience again,” Henry added, referring not only to the 4-1 mauling by the merengues but also to the guard of honour Barca had to perform prior to the game.

But with Madrid going through a crisis at present, Henry sensed a perfect opportunity seek vengeance and to rub salt into the enemy’s wounds and he did not attempt to be discreet about his motives.

“This is el clasico and I will be going out there to win. I don’t care if Madrid are in crisis, if they have been losing or if they have a lot of injured players.

“In last season’s game, we had out own problems. [Lionel] Messi had only returned from injury, Ronaldinho was having a bad year, [Rafa] Marquez was unfit, [Samuel] Eto’o and Deco were suspended… but nobody cried for Barca and now we are not going to cry for Madrid,” he concluded.

KS Leong, Goal.com