Notices
Southwest (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in AZ, NM, and NV

Harris Hill Road Track Day 5/23/09

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Harris Hill Road Track Day 5/23/09

On the Saturday before Memorial Day a friend and myself attended a track day at Harris Hill Road located between Austin and San Antonio, TX. It was my first time to 'H2R' and the first ever track day for my friend. We had a blast and my friend is now hooked.

As with many track days I've attended there were a large number of M3s, 911s and Miatas, with a few Corvettes and even a Z8. My buddy has been looking to begin seriously modding his M3 and he was able to get some valuable info. I have also decided to go ahead and get some track wheels and tires. I will be ordering those some time soon.

We were able to get in four 20 minute sessions over the course of the day with a 1.5 hour break for a massive rain storm. After the storm I was one of the first of five cars to go on the track in order to help it dry out and it was the first track time I've had in the wet, to which I discovered that I'm pretty quick in these conditions (TC on of course). However, my fastest session was the second prior to the rain as my street tires and pads were having trouble coping during the final session (I left my track pads in Houston unfortunately).

The track is awesome and I must say to fellow member PMac, that I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be back there for a M3 only meet next month. I'm also looking into joining once I finish my driver's training at Driveway Austin. Here are several pics that I took and I'm sorry about poor quality, its hard to get good shots at this track with an average digital camera. My car is the white e92M marked 292, and my friend has the dark blue M3 marked 407.

Attached Images           

Last edited by "The JC"; 06-03-2009 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
mas

Attached Images           
Old 06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
even more

Attached Images           
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
okay, last ones

Attached Images        
Old 06-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Cool pics, nice write-up! Nice job JC.

Is your car lowered?

Old 06-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Is your car lowered?
I've got the H&R 'race' springs. I would have done the KW coil overs, but it's my DD and that would have made the adjustable dampers option (EDC) ineffective.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pics and write up, JC! Thanks for sharing! Your M3 looks great in white and I'm glad to hear it's as fun to drive as it looks!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhh my. Sick M3.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Oh my, sick M Coupe!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Both Hinkles posted on my thread, I'm honored.

Quick Reply: Harris Hill Road Track Day 5/23/09