Notices
Southern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Southern California

The Very Best I Can Do - C&C Irvine March 13, 2011 MP4-12C, 599 GTO and MORE!

Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
The Very Best I Can Do - C&C Irvine March 13, 2011 MP4-12C, 599 GTO and MORE!

I have not been to the Cars & Coffee car meet in Irvine for almost a year. With my bad knee and getting back to work, I just have not had the energy for it.

However, when I heard that McLaren Automotive would be at the meet on Saturday and would be brining one of the new MP4-12C models with them, I figured it was time to make my return.

And I was not disappointed that I did. It was probably the most epic day at C&C ever. It was a bit more quantity over quality, but there were several first time spots.
It was the first time they have ever filled the parking lot and had to turn people who wanted to show their cars away. I would wager 1500 cars and probably 5,000 people were there.

Below are pictures that I took at the meet. There were many really great cars, so this post will be a bit long.
Obviously, the majority of the pics are of the MP4-12C. But there are also many other cars featured that are worth taking a look at.

I hope that you enjoy the pictures below.

My son Paul and a couple of his pals came with me. We left the house at 5:30 am. I figured there would be quite a crowd once it got light and warmer, so we tried to be the early birds.
We were also hoping to see the car pull up and hear it growl a bit.

Our effort was rewarded. When we got there they were just pushing the hollow chassis into the exhibition area. Then we heard the MP4-12C start up and pull around the corner.
It had a nice low growl. A unique sound - unlike a Porsche or Ferrari. We were satisfied.

Here are some photos of when the car first pulled in. Remember that it was about 6:00 am and the sun had not yet risen. I did my best to get some quality shots.
Remember, I am no Chris Grosser or Jason Tang! There was nobody there when the car arrived.

I also have some pics of the car from about 8:00 am when there were about 1000 people fighting for a look at it.

Here is the car just arriving. The owner - a car dealer I believe - pulled around the corner, into a space and then backed it up into the exhibition area.

About here the sun started to come up and the pics get a bit better. But more people start to show up.

Here are some shots of the chassis the hollow chassis they brought.

A few more pics before me moved on to look at other cars.

This is what it is all about - these boys had the time of their lives seeing this and the other cars.

Of course, I am kind of partial to the kid in the middle.

There are more pics of the McLaren at the end of this post. I took about a dozen or so more at about 8:00 am when we took off.

For now, enjoy the other cars that showed up. There is some pretty good stuff.

EDIT: Added this somewhat crappy video of the MP4-12C. Not enough light for the D90 but it gets the general message across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUf4p_l3oS0

Last edited by Barrister; 03-14-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
As has been our tradition over the years, we like to stand at the entrance to the meet and take shots of the cars as they come in.
The shots below just give you a taste of the incredible variety of cars that were on hand. Truly something for everyone.

This one is for h20Skier. He knows why.

This is my buddy Joey from BBI Autosport.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-14-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
And they just keep coming . . .

I think we may have found the stolen Ferrari!

Then we all heard a sound that could only be one thing . . .

After most of the lot fills up, we start to check it out.

This is one of the new V8 Ariel Atoms. One of only 25 in the U.S.

It was good to see Steve Saleen again.

More of the 599 GTO.

Those two old grannys would NOT get out of my picture. Ha Ha!

I really got a kick out of this Diablo.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-14-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro

Just for Jon. Boston sucks.

For Misha.

Eventually, the folks started to file out.

We swung back by the MP4-12C for a few final shots. Had to fight the mob.

Cars have an amazing effect on people. I am always amazed at the spell that they can cast on just about anyone.

Thus, as a few final shots, here are some good friends of mine who followed me on this adventure.

Just look at their faces.

I snapped the photo below a moment before my pal was ready. That longing, lustful look on his face tells the whole story.

I think he is even copping a feel there with his right hand! And he is a married Mormon dude!!

This guy is hard to impress but he was blown away by the day we had.

This is what it is all about - cars and jelly donuts!

Thanks for looking at this very long post and sharing this experience with me.

The whole time I was at the meet I kept thinking about my friends here on TS.

I kept saying "Wow! Mark would love that!" or "Darren would freak out over that" or "Alzilla would piss his pants if he saw that!" and - of course - "Jox is gay."

You guys are the best.

Your friend,

Dana

PS. High res versions of each of these pictures and many more can be found on my photo and video page: Downforce Media - Cars & Coffee March 13, 2011.

Last edited by Barrister; 03-14-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 06:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I really miss the Irvine show, went 4/5 times with my family and always enjoyed it.

Good pics Dana.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:32 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like the pictures of the Black Scuderia.

Old 03-14-2011, 06:38 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so jealous!

Old 03-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Great photos Dana! Thanks for sharing.

Which car was your favorite?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wonder how much that Black Series is worth these days?

Old 03-14-2011, 07:58 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Epic, great post! Featured it on the facebook page this morning!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Very Best I Can Do - C&C Irvine March 13, 2011 MP4-12C, 599 GTO and MORE!