Notices
Southern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Southern California

McLaren Automotive To Visit C&C Irvine March 12, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
In for pics. Wish I could go.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:57 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I might go - sounds like I wouldn't get too bored.

If they are truly bringing an F1 then it seems likely it would either be #028 which was at the shown at the Beverly Hills dealer intro and belongs to the owner of McLaren San Francisco, or perhaps Jay Leno will be loaning him his car which is #015. I hope it's #028 because I have not seen that one yet.

Big thanks to Las for the tip.

>8^)
ER

Last edited by Peloton25; 03-06-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just going to go on record to say that I am slightly concerned their won't be an F1 at C&C this Saturday.

They just held the dealer unveiling party for McLaren Newport Beach on Tuesday night and while a few of the past events at other dealers around the world have included an F1, this one didn't.

I'm still going to make the trip as I am excited to finally see a 12C, and hopeful they will also be bringing out the bare chassis. I'm just not confident of the F1 being included as well.

I will keep my fingers crossed and do hope for my sake and everyone else's that my suspicion is proven wrong.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-10-2011, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
I might go - sounds like I wouldn't get too bored.

If they are truly bringing an F1 then it seems likely it would either be #028 which was at the shown at the Beverly Hills dealer intro and belongs to the owner of McLaren San Francisco, or perhaps Jay Leno will be loaning him his car which is #015. I hope it's #028 because I have not seen that one yet.

Big thanks to Las for the tip.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
After the MP4-12C debut in Newport Beach a few nights back, this visit to C&C makes total sense now.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 PM
McLaren Fanatic
I have some potentially bad news guys...

I was contacted by a source from McLaren Automotive this afternoon who informed me that no arrangements have been made by them to have a McLaren F1 present at Cars&Coffee in Irvine on Saturday.

MP4-12C Validation Prototype #16 will definitely be there - it's the silver one pictured below. The bare chassis which is XP13 that was also at the Newport unveiling will likely not be there.

So, if you were planning to go specifically for the F1, it sounds like my earlier suspicion is now a reality.

Barrister - where did you hear the rumor that an F1 would be attending? The source from McLaren didn't totally rule out the possibility, but made it clear it wouldn't be their doing if one was actually there.

I think we all know what the chances are of one just showing up randomly.

>8^)
ER

Old 03-10-2011, 09:49 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Eric, I heard that a MCF1 would be there as well. Shame its not true.

If you go, and get a chance to talk to the cheif designer, ask him to tell you his fish story That he told at the MPG Tuesday night.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Peloton25
Barrister - where did you hear the rumor that an F1 would be attending? The source from McLaren didn't totally rule out the possibility, but made it clear it wouldn't be their doing if one was actually there.

I think we all know what the chances are of one just showing up randomly.

>8^)
ER
I heard about this purely through word of mouth. I heard it from some very solid sources though.

But you got it from the horse's mouth, so I don't doubt that you have the correct information.

I figured it was probably too good to be true.

There are no F1s registered in Orange County, so the chance of one just showing up is zero.

Oh well, I will still be there.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I think I need to move out to the West Coast because you guys always have the coolest stuff going on. And the weather OMG does it get any better, well at least when MARK stays home!!!!

Old 03-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I think I need to move out to the West Coast because you guys always have the coolest stuff going on. And the weather OMG does it get any better, well at least when MARK stays home!!!!
Ha Ha! You got that right.

Did you see my pic from today?? Mark was clearly NOT in the vicinity.

Quick Reply: McLaren Automotive To Visit C&C Irvine March 12, 2011