Notices
Southern California (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in Southern California

Things to do in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 PM
jph
Teamspeed Junior Member
jph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant future
Talking Things to do in Los Angeles

Hi everyone

I'm gonna be popping over from the UK to LA from May 1st till May 10th to stay with some friends and was hoping some of you So Cal locals could suggest some cool things to do.....

I was over last july for 10 days but spent most of the time outside of LA (San Francisco,Cazadero, Santa Cruz, Laguna Seca for the Moto GP) but this time i'm gonna be in LA pretty much the whole time.

Are there any car shows/meets, races, general friday night hang-outs etc that are worth checking out. I'm into old school US muscle cars as well as modern stuff, oh and bikes are a favorate of mine too.

Bear in mind that here in the UK people are quite reserved about showing off nice cars so even half a dozen supercars outside a restaurant on a saturday night is a big deal to us in England, whereas it might seem normal in LA

Thanks for your help guys,

Regards, Jon

Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
bluesubie is an unknown quantity at this point
Things in LA

you should drive to Irvine, CA if you can to see a car meet. Its at 7am every saturday.

Address: 7905 Gateway Blvd
Irvine, CA 92618

Otherwise go to Rodeo dr. and you'll see your fair share of exotics.

Best of Luck,

Derek

Old 04-25-2009, 01:58 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond repute
1-cars and coffee in calabases. 405 north 101 ventura exit valley circle its a 10 to 15 drive. Sunday mornings from 7 to 10 am. Lots of cars and a very friendly crowd.

Beverly hills area

2- rodeo drive is nice
3- canon drive there is a restaurant called IL Pastao, have lunch there. A lot of expensive cars in the valet on weekends. Sit outside.
4-friday nights at sky bar, at the mondrian hotel on sunset. Good times. Or katana restaurant across the street, on friday nights.

#1 is a must. Sometimes after the meet, some of the guys take off through the canyons and go to malibu and pch. I am sure you can follow. Very nice sunday drive.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:01 AM
jph
Teamspeed Junior Member
jph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant futurejph has a brilliant future
Thanks guys, much obliged :-)

Old 04-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
Hookers & blow?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:58 AM
jph
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by ghostrider
1-cars and coffee in calabases. 405 north 101 ventura exit valley circle its a 10 to 15 drive. Sunday mornings from 7 to 10 am. Lots of cars and a very friendly crowd.
Where abouts is the actual meet?
I've looked on google maps and following your directions it's not that far from where i'm staying in Sherman Oaks (just off Ventura Blvd) but just wondered if there was an actual address for the meet?

Thanks, Jon.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jph
I've looked on google maps and following your directions it's not that far from where i'm staying in Sherman Oaks (just off Ventura Blvd) but just wondered if there was an actual address for the meet?

Thanks, Jon.
23355 Mulholland Dr Woodland Hills CA 91364

I put together a meet and drive at that spot - we meet a bit later around 11 a.m. and hit the twisties. I putting together a BIG meet on the 31st - Might be around on the 10th though... I'll keep you posted.

FYI the Meet is the Biggest on the Last Sunday of the Month, but cars show up most Sundays.

Last edited by Fuel&Fire; 04-27-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 04-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond reputesean has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jph

Thanks, Jon.
That's less than a mile from me. Let me know when you're in town and I'll try to give you the tour of our local canyons...

Be sure to head up to Mulholland drive at night for some great views. The road is nice too, although it's heavy with residences and the condition of it has gotten pretty poor lately.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
ghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond reputeghostrider has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire

I put together a meet and drive at that spot - we meet a bit later around 11 a.m. and hit the twisties. I putting together a BIG meet on the 31st - Might be around on the 10th though... I'll keep you posted.

FYI the Meet is the Biggest on the Last Sunday of the Month, but cars show up most Sundays.
Thats the place exactly. It's an awesome site.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:00 PM
jph
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by Fuel&Fire

Thanks for that, i'll try and drop by on the 3rd and maybe even the 10th

Originally Posted by sean
That's less than a mile from me. Let me know when you're in town and I'll try to give you the tour of our local canyons...

Be sure to head up to Mulholland drive at night for some great views. The road is nice too, although it's heavy with residences and the condition of it has gotten pretty poor lately.
Wow that'd be great, I get into town Friday 1st so once I know what plans my buddy has made for us i'll drop you a PM.

Thanks everyone for all your help

Quick Reply: Things to do in Los Angeles