Notices
Southeast (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in AL, GA, and FL

Moroso Motorsports Park Rejuvenation

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SupercarWeekend is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Moroso Motorsports Park Rejuvenation

All I can say is that I am blown away with the progress that has culminated in only a twenty-something days after groundbreaking at Moroso. What once was a historic and tired race track is now a clean slate for the new project at Moroso. Visited the track yesterday and met with the passionate management and ownership and it is truly an exciting time for the world of Motorsports as well as the local die-hards who have frequented the track for years!

Old 06-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
pixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished roadpixxflix is on a distinguished road
wow finally !!!! that track has needed some tlc for a while. Never noticed how bad the swamps are there!!!!! no wonder there is always gators .

Old 06-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
gonna be sick

Old 06-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
SupercarWeekend is an unknown quantity at this point
Sick is an understatement. Wait till you see the building plans. : )

Old 06-19-2008, 07:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
piker is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool pics. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done!

I know drag track needed a refresh, and they're changing the road track so it can operate at the same time as the drag track. What else are they changing?

Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond reputeJustinBellZ has a reputation beyond repute
I can't wait for the facility to be complete. I'm going to be spending a lot of time there.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
sin09 is an unknown quantity at this point
One word FINALLY !!

Old 09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Guy Cosmo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I've been fairly involved in the process with track design and safety at Moroso and can tell you this: the facility is going to be amazing when it's done! The track will be 40' wide, smooth as glass, FIA curbing, some banked corners, plenty of paved-runoff for safety and proper drainage for the rain. The new configuration will have a really nice flow to it, and it's going to be pretty darn fast! The back straight is just as long as Sebring's back straight...

It will be a HUGE improvement from what it was - and I promise it won't resemble it's former self in any way. I can't wait for it to be done!

And, for those of you looking to get your cars on track, I've already got dates reserved for Cosmo-Sport Track Events in November and December on the new road course.

It's really going to be nice!