Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Beer Snobs Unite (Beer 101)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond reputeJeff_NJ has a reputation beyond repute
I guess I'm not snooby enough to drink all those beers. People ask me what kind of beer I like and my answer is always "the kind with alcohol in it".
I do enjoy trying new and different beers, though.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:33 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cone Sweeper
Hell of a first post... but.. it caught my eyes! lol. After just doing my first brew with a friend of mine..i've found some of the best beers are the ones you'd never guess to try...
Dogfish Head has a bunch of amazing beers - from the 60,90,120minute ipa's, to their Midas Touch and Indian Brown Ale.
Flying Dog and Purple Haze are some other Micro brew's that are coming out with some good beers as they grow too. But as GetLiquid mentioned, Chimay is an awesome beer, a lot of the darker German pilser's are great too.
If you have a Total Wine around - i'm sure their far and in between but we have a couple here in SFLA and they have an entire row dedicated to single beers where you can make your own 6 pack etc... over 500+ beers.
Thanks for the insight bud... We have a place with about 250 single beers, i usually just walk around and grab a few 12 packs and fill em up... Dogfish is one I can't seem to find!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:35 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff_NJ
I guess I'm not snooby enough to drink all those beers. People ask me what kind of beer I like and my answer is always "the kind with alcohol in it".
I do enjoy trying new and different beers, though.
Have you NOT seen the miller Lite commercials(lol)? You are that guy!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Cone Sweeper is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by C Money
Thanks for the insight bud... We have a place with about 250 single beers, i usually just walk around and grab a few 12 packs and fill em up... Dogfish is one I can't seem to find!
Not sure where you live, but on their website - Dogfish Head Craft Brewed Ales | Off-centered stuff for off-centered people - on the bottom of their page it's a section called " Fish Finder " and you put in your zipcode and they'll tell within " x " ammount of miles where you can purchase at either a restraunt or store.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
Banned
yup nothing even with 100 miles! Damn Louisiana!

hence my interest in starting up a "club" on here for those of us un able to purchase certain crafts, ptrans and I already swapping 12packs.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Cone Sweeper is an unknown quantity at this point
I'll take a look at my list and see what I have.. I have more the traditional beers on my list of what i've drank opposed to the more new micro brews starting up. So maybe I can help ya out with some new beers for ya!!

Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
My local liquor store that is pretty much ~3 blocks away is the largest liquor store in NJ. Has over 1,500 different brews . You can buy them all by the single bottle and up.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 PM
KT
I give good hugs. Bo, you're first.
KT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond reputeKT has a reputation beyond repute
Leinenkugel Sunset Wheat is one I like lately. Always, anytime, anything from Unibroue brewery in Canada. Total Wine and Whole Foods carry a few.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Banned
GLN,
Sounds like you need my shipping address and fedEx #

Last edited by C Money; 02-03-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

DFH/Stone's/Mikeller. DFH 120/90M IPA's, Stones for the Ruination - Levitation let me down after trying Ruination first. The Arrogant Bastard doesn't do a lot for me, not really balanced for mine.

Flying Dog/ Russian River/ Knee Deep Beer Co/ 3 Floyd's are all going hard in the paint right now.

Trying to get my hands on a Hoptimum - whole cone brewed IPA. I'm guessing your username is beer related Mr Sweeper?

Still working on sending beer I've bottle to the US - have Europe licence for private orders. Would be cool to get you guys to try my brews!

Cheers,
Nik