Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Recommend some wine - <$20/Bottle

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Recommend some wine - <$20/Bottle

Hey guys,

I've been interested in learning more about wine lately. I drink it, but I don't know much about it I've been reading a ton, but want to try some new wines and looking for some personal recommendations of things you have liked.

My only request is that it is red wine (not very big into whites).

I'd like to pick up 2-3 bottles over the next few days to try.

Thanks for the assist!

-Kyle

Old 12-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Parrelle 45, from Cotes Du Rhone region of France, best wine under $20 imo. Let it breathe for like 5 mins then pour amazing.

If you want something U.S. I recently had The People's Zin from California, not even into Zins, but this one is awesome. I say go for those two.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:24 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Seghesio Zin is a great, well balanced wine for around $20. I would suggest going to a local bottle shop (not BevMo, I mean a local shop that specializes in wine) and talking with the people that work there. They are usually very helpful and happy to share their knowledge about wine. One of the many great things about wine is that there are no absolutes and so much to learn and explore. Everyone's palate is different and therefore everyone has different opinions of wines.

Have fun and enjoy!

Old 12-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!VulcanMotorClub You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Great suggestions, guys! Thanks!

I do frequent the local wine shop and they are extremely helpful and I have found some GREAT wine that way. I am going to be buying this wine online since groupon is doing a $30 coupon for $60 worth of wine on wine.com. So, I figure its a nice opportunity to experiment a bit!

-K

Old 12-27-2010, 04:35 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
Baritone
Volver
Educated Guess
I'll post more as I can think of them.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Joel Gott is another favorite I just pulled out and forgot to mention.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro

In case you wanna label shop!

Old 12-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond reputePatrickHenry has a reputation beyond repute
i find this to be very helpful, no matter which bottle you choose:

What Is a Wine Diffuser? | eHow.com

i like this one:

http://www.beveragefactory.com/wine/...hite_set.shtml