Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

For the tequila lovers. Partida Anejo.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
scvr6 is an unknown quantity at this point
All this talk is making me thirsty Only high end tequila I'm familiar with is the Herradura Suprema. By the way Robert I met you a few years back at Fred's place in Menlo Park, I remember pictures being taken of some gal lying across the front of your CLS at the time. I was in town visiting from Boston at the time with my wife.

Cheers
Lee

Old 04-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm following this thread. It's good to know about all these high end great tasting tequillas compared to just the regular stuff I get offered. Keep it coming Robert

Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by scvr6
All this talk is making me thirsty Only high end tequila I'm familiar with is the Herradura Suprema. By the way Robert I met you a few years back at Fred's place in Menlo Park, I remember pictures being taken of some gal lying across the front of your CLS at the time. I was in town visiting from Boston at the time with my wife.

Cheers
Lee
HAHAHA. I remember you Lee. Hope all is well.

Andrew!

I will do my best to continue reviewing my favorites.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
here is a bottle I found just sitting on a shelf at my house..

Last edited by drew935; 05-13-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:00 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Drew,

Cazadores. Ask Sharky how he feels about Cazadores. He and I did 12 shots each a few years back. Needless to say neither one of us was hurting the next morning.

That lil Britt can drink.

Old 05-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Robert,

Can you give us one or two favorites for each price point, working your way up from $50 or something? I'd like to buy my father a decent bottle for the summer that he can enjoy.

Old 05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
~ $100, Jose Cuervo Reserva de la Familia. Very good for the price.

~ $160, Asombroso anejo. Outstanding and one of my favorites.

~ $330 Herradura Suprema. Beautiful presentation, comes in a pressed agave leaf box and very good smoky tequila.

~ $1,000 Asombroso 11 year. As good as it gets. The best tequila on earth.

Old 08-02-2009, 11:48 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
So my nephew just came back from Mexico, and he brought me a bottle of Don Fulano Imperial. All I can say is - very impressive tequila. One of the best I've ever had actually. Reminds me of the Don Fernando 5 year anejo. Only better actually.

I've never seen it here in the states, here's the bottle. If you see one, pick it up. I guarantee you wont be dissapointed.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
SinisterSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert

I've never seen it here in the states, here's the bottle. If you see one, pick it up. I guarantee you wont be disappointing.

It looks like Beverage Warehouse in LA carries it at $115/bottle.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Just saw these in the store last night, picked up the "Flight of the Toastman" Bottle.

moodspins | Alcohol Review: 1800 tEQUILA Limited Edition Bottle Designs

1800 tEQUILA Showcases up-and-coming artists on bottles in limited edition series

12 Limited Edition Bottle Designs Include Shepard Fairey’s Studio Number One Artwork

New York, NY – Proximo Spirits, Inc. and 1800 Tequila are thrilled to announce today the release of the second annual collection of limited-edition Essential Artists bottles. Introducing 12 new bottles designed by up-and-coming artists from New York to Hawaii, the 1800 Tequila Essential Artists series celebrates a dynamic range of original artwork on a unique and unexpected medium – bottles of 100% Agave Silver Tequila! Showcasing eleven designs gathered from over 15,000 online submissions, selected by 1800 Tequila, and one special edition “celebrity artist” bottle, this new line is a vibrant example of the undiscovered, yet soon-to-be-recognized talent residing across the country.

The first installation of the series proved to be a compelling initiative, attracting attention from a wide-range of both world-renowned and unknown artists. This year, in addition to the eclectic variety of 11 user-generated designs, 1800 Tequila is excited to feature a special-edition bottle by Studio Number One, a group of rising star designers whose work is now being recognized as ‘essential’ in the art world.

Founded in 2003 by artist Shepard Fairey (who gained global notoriety this year for his Obama “Hope” design), Studio Number One has built a reputation as one of today’s most influential creative agencies in the country. Describing themselves as a “firm where art and design bridge the gap between culture and enterprise,” Studio Number One reflects the mission of the 1800 Tequila Essential Artists series.

“It’s a pleasure to be involved with something that puts art in more people’s hands, and to work with a brand like 1800 Tequila that supports and promotes artists,” said Amanda Fairey, Chief Operating Officer for Studio Number One.

“We wanted to create something that’s as much fun to enjoy on the shelf as it is off the shelf. It’s a design that captures the wild side of tequila, but tames it with a dose of humor and a sense of adventure,” added Florencio Zavala, Associate Creative Director for Studio Number One.

In addition to Studio Number One, eleven artists nationwide contributed work to create the series of 12 bottles. These artists include StevOramA (Honolulu, HI), the $10,000 Grand Prize Winner whose design has been given a starring role in the series, as well as Ian McGillivray (Brooklyn, NY), Nickelyn Reames (Manteca, CA), danyol (San Francisco, CA), Leyland “Lee” DeVito (Detroit, MI), Danielle Salinas (Bloomfield, NJ), Chad Shore (Atlanta, GA), Mark Sweeney (San Francisco, CA), Branden Tintiangco (San Diego, CA), Chuck Trunks (Los Angeles, CA), and Michelle Villasenor (Atlanta, GA).

“We’re excited to offer another round of Essential Artists bottles, as we received an overwhelmingly positive response to the first campaign,” said Elwyn Gladstone, VP of Marketing for Proximo. “Emerging artists can struggle for years before seeing their work recognized on a national scale, but the creative genius behind the submissions and the incredible demand from consumers has allowed us to expand this program and feature 11 more artists, on our way to showcasing 1,800 inspired submissions.”

Only a limited number of bottles have been produced, making for an attractive collector’s item and lively addition to any bar. To find the bottles, which retail for $24.99 each, consumers can enter their zip codes into the “Liquor Locator” on 1800Tequila.com to find the series in their area. In hopes of encouraging other artists to make their dreams a reality, 1800 Tequila plans to re-launch the contest at the end of this year, inviting artists to submit their own bottle designs for a chance at inclusion in the next series.

Quick Reply: For the tequila lovers. Partida Anejo.