Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

What's is your favorite french wine ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
tell you what, if you come down i'll take you and your wife (if she's here) to Urasawa and we'll break out some good stuff for pre-dinner...let me know
your on....I might have Kuzi and his bride in tow as well. He's a non drinker tho so We can drink his share.

We talked about a mid summer drive down the coast in some kind of hotrods

Old 04-16-2010, 06:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
The best I've drunk is the Chateau Mouton-Rothschild from 87'. I'm in no way near a sommelier, but I intend to start learning more about which grapes suits different occations. It's always interesting to listen to someone who knows their stuff.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:44 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
@ Tuuner

leoville barton 2005 => it's a very good choice but really expansive around 250 € per bottle.

@ Jox

Medoc is a good choice and a nice region too for wine and see how they do it.

For all I will made a little list of all wine I can find it.

Old 04-17-2010, 02:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant futureSine_Qua_Non has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by h20skier
I agree I'm sure some will make me smile. My issues with kids and a busy life is I stick with the wines I love now for the times I drink. Hate to ruin a great night out with my bride by trying something that changes the atmosphere. Call me old fashioned I guess.
Blends are the norm for me and I've got simple tastes.
Joseph Phelps Insignia 2004 was the wine we drank the night I proposed to my wife With a few flowers
please tell me that is not your home cellar

Old 05-03-2010, 05:25 PM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
Now a little list

RIESLING Domaine Hell Cadé
BUGEAUD Château de Cor Bugeaud
Bordeaux Grand Palais
NOTREDAME VDP D'Oc Blanc Chardonnay Pech Notre Dame
Beaujolais Villages 2005
Bordeaux Supérieur Cht D'Argadens
Lussac st Emilion Cht Blanchon
Bordeaux supérieur Château Haut Brignon
ST EMILION GRAND CRU Rouge Cht la Croix Calendreau
MEDOC 2008 - Château du Courneau
Château Clos Mangons Grand vin de Bordeaux
Château Portillon Bordeaux
Saint Emilion Château La Rocaille
Bourgogne Grand Ordinaire Cuvée Prestige
Beaujolais Rosé 2007
Domaine des Forêts Beaujolais Villages rosé
VDP des Maures Rosé Domaine de Roux
VDP D'Oc 2007 La Bastide Savary

Old 12-21-2010, 11:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
I'm pretty much a California Cab guy but I had a nice Latour & Lafite recently.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:36 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Sierra Tango II is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by modenafan
I'm pretty much a California Cab guy but I had a nice Latour & Lafite recently.
What year Lafite did you have? I opened a bottle from 1973 on Thanksgiving that I was less than impressed with. A lady friend of mine, who sells wine, was drinking it with me and said that it was spot on.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sierra Tango II
What year Lafite did you have? I opened a bottle from 1973 on Thanksgiving that I was less than impressed with. A lady friend of mine, who sells wine, was drinking it with me and said that it was spot on.
The Lafite was a 1995 and the Latour a 2000. Both were very good.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Last night- 2003 Haut Brion + 1995 Latour it was quite the evening pre cursers were a 1999 Gaja Sori Tilden and 2007 Tig.