Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Wine Inventory Software/System

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLC4S
Just googled this guys wine collection that I have been through because I thought it was probably impressive enough to be documented. I took one of his 30 minute wine cellar tours...This would explain why his computerized cellar system was so cool:
thanks to you I have 64 tabs open on Wikipedia with regards to sailing and the Americas cup.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
Was discussing this the other day over dinner and wine with some friends and we decided to test out the free (ad supported) version of the drync wine iphone app. Since i primarily collect to consume and dont have much proper space to store its more important to have access to reviews on the road and be able to catalog bottles I've have the opportunity to try for later purchase, collection, consumption etc...It'd be nice to see this app interface with one of the more robust home cellar software packages down the road (sounds like a nice niche opportunity to me...)

Old 04-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Craigger
thanks to you I have 64 tabs open on Wikipedia with regards to sailing and the Americas cup.
Bill is an awesome guy. I've been on one of his racing boats in Boston and have seen most of his maritime art and his model boat collection in Florida. This guy is ULTRA passionate about sailing and is pretty damn good at it too. I've been around him 2 or 3 times and even though I'm quite obviously in a different league of life than he is he was happy to talk about sailing and his out of this world artifact collection for about an hour with me. (He handed me Napoleon Bonapartes matching ivory handle sword and pistol and told me to swing the sword around and take aim with the gun to get the full effect)

Sorry bout the threadjack, hes computerized system is really nice too.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
eshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond reputeeshaun has a reputation beyond repute
....His oldest wines—including a Lafite Rothschild 1737 and four bottles of Lafite reputed to be from the collection of President Thomas Jefferson...
btw are these bottles just collectors pieces or can they still actually be consumed? Do some of these guys auction tastings on these rare wines before they pass their peak? Just like having a garage full of supercars and just looking at them so to each his own i suppose...

Old 04-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
SLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond reputeSLC4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eshaun
btw are these bottles just collectors pieces or can they still actually be consumed? Do some of these guys auction tastings on these rare wines before they pass their peak? Just like having a garage full of supercars and just looking at them so to each his own i suppose...
the Jefferson bottles were collection only... those are some of the most infamous bottles of wine in the last 10 years. Google Bill Koch wine and you'll get 100 articles on those bottles. He paid a fortune for them, suspected they were fakes and hired a private team to research it and it all ended in a big law suit. Turns out they are fakes, but he still has them and showed them to us.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
I've been to a couple of homes with flat panel touch screens as you enter the cellar that allow you to browse inventory and see notes... I'll see if I can figure out who did their systems.
This is for my MIL, and this is what she has in mind.

She is building a cellar in her new house on the lake.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
JKM22's dad bought a set up for his bottles where you can barcode the bottles and enter info etc. We tried to set it up, and when the motherboard went bad on the laptop we were using (Vista had just come out), we got hoff'd instead.

Might want to PM him. Most bottles that have barcodes you can scan and it fills out the bulk of the info for you.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cstroked
JKM22's dad bought a set up for his bottles where you can barcode the bottles and enter info etc. We tried to set it up, and when the motherboard went bad on the laptop we were using (Vista had just come out), we got hoff'd instead.

Might want to PM him. Most bottles that have barcodes you can scan and it fills out the bulk of the info for you.
Thanks, will do.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Maybe some day. Right after I get my Scud, of course.
Got to get your Priorities straight haha

Old 08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
modenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond reputemodenafan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by carendt242
cellartracker.com is pretty good - store your own wine & notes, and then see other people's ratings of their wines, what's drinking good right now, etc.

- chuck
I use cellartracker to keep track of inventory, ratings and current values.
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
for my own personal use, i just throw everything in an excel spreadsheet.
As far as knowing the exact location in my cellar, I also use an excel spreadsheet. Works great and I've never lost a bottle.

Quick Reply: Wine Inventory Software/System