Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Dalmore Scotch

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Dalmore Scotch

Okay, Scotch guys...

Who knows anything about Dalmore?

I just polished off a bottle of their "Cigar Single Malt", which, being a cigar addict, I purchased because of the name. And I'll be damned if I did not LLLLLOOOVVVEEE the stuff. I know its not a very "sophisticated" single, but I found it one of the most enjoyable single malts that I've ever had. Not bad a bad thing to say about a $35 bottle of single malt.

Frankly, the stronger flavor of this scotch DID pair very well with cigars, as long as they were stronger in flavor themselves. Weak cigars like Fuente's and Mac's got lost. Good thing I prefer the heavier smokes like Punch Grand Gru's, Hoyo Excalibers and La Gloria's.

If you've had this stuff, what can you tell me about the rest of their line?

If Dalmore's cheap stuff is this good, I'd like to think that there more upscale stuff is that much better.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond reputeDynamic has a reputation beyond repute
If you like heavy smoke try Lagavulin (16yr or 21yr) or any Islay malt for that matter.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
guitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the roughguitom is a jewel in the rough
Lagavulin is excellent with a cigar, didn't know it was available in a 21 year.
Dalmore is also quite lovely and yes, reasonably priced. Since I live away from the East Coast, its a challenge to find a decent bottle for less than $40.