Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

The proper way to "shoot" tequila

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond repute
The proper way to "shoot" tequila

So, my last trip down to see my border brutha's, I went on a tequila tour. The guide informed me that if you have to lick salt, shoot, then follow with a lime, you are not drinking very good tequila. Real Mexicans do not use lime or salt (his words, not mine).

So now for the right "technique."

First: Take a semi-deep breathe through your nose
Second: Hold said breathe and then shoot
Third: Breathe out slowly through your mouth

Done. Works every time and very smooth.

Now go out and try it!

Disclaimer: If you are not 21, then I am not encouraging you to try this!!

Old 02-15-2008, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
I think you just inspired me... we have some sweet tequila's upstairs -- maybe I'll go snap a pic and take a shot.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
GT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond reputeGT3Scott has a reputation beyond repute
The milagro silver has an incredible bottle...work of art! The herradura seleccion suprema is amazing... the jose cuervo black is nice cheap tequila -- smokey flavor to it -- and the 1800 i'm finishing off right now.

Attached Images    
Old 02-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
iLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond reputeiLLGT2 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL f a technique, just pound it down!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond reputeTKDalumni has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff Scott. A great one for shooting is Sauza Hornitos!!

Old 02-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
I just got back from Mexico and the guide at the pyramids taught us "the only and proper" way to drink tequilla. We bought a bottle of that milagro at the airport. Cool bottle.

Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Well did your guide tell you the same way as my guide??

Old 02-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
somewhat, where was your guide? he told us to pour the salt on the lime then squeeze out the lime into the space between your front teeth and lip (like chewing tabacco, I dont chew im only 14 lol nor do I want to) and then drink the tequilla then swish it all around is the "real" way.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iLLGT2
LOL f a technique, just pound it down!
Hahahaha you're my boy blue.

Old 02-16-2008, 07:45 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
breathe in through your nose with your mouth open. This will allow you to "taste" the flavors on your pallette. I prefer to drink tequila with a Riedel tequila flute, very similar to a champaigne flute. You can substitute if necessary.

First sip you let the tequila sit on your tongue to coat it. You get more intense flavors on your second sip this way.

Quick Reply: The proper way to "shoot" tequila