Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All the shades of blue offered by Porsche!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 11:11 AM
B7R
Teamspeed's TeamGreen Racer
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RobMason
Maritime Blue GT3

I made a paint sample of the Maritime Blue, and was very disapointed

Old 04-06-2010, 11:24 AM
B7R
B7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond reputeB7R has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to bring this Thread back to life, but I was really surprised with the result !
This shade of Blue is very much confusing, as it seams to be much lighter in direct light
I was impressed with the photos that were posted by RobMason, as they seamed to look very BLUE to me ...
However, in reality this Maritime Blue do tend to look much darker in shade ... it just losses the bright blue effect

I placed a Maritime Blue color to sample order with PAG, but had to put it on HOLD this morning ...

Old 04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
B7R
This is how the paint sample looked next to Riviera Blue
Non of these two colors worked with me .....

Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
B7R
Adriatic Blue from the 70"s might be the perfect choice for what I'm after ......

Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
BruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by B7R
Sorry to bring this Thread back to life, but I was really surprised with the result !
This shade of Blue is very much confusing, as it seams to be much lighter in direct light
I was impressed with the photos that were posted by RobMason, as they seamed to look very BLUE to me ...
However, in reality this Maritime Blue do tend to look much darker in shade ... it just losses the bright blue effect

I placed a Maritime Blue color to sample order with PAG, but had to put it on HOLD this morning ...
I can tell you the color changes bigtime from the shade to direct sunlight.
Look at these of mine both taken in the same spot with same morning sunlight here in North Carolina.
I can't believe you'd ever be disappointed with "38B" Maritime.
However have you considered Ozzi or Mexico Blue?

Attached Images   
Old 04-06-2010, 11:56 AM
B7R
This is the color I'm after ....

The amazing BLUE from the famous 3.6

Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
BruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by B7R
This is the color I'm after ....

The amazing BLUE from the famous 3.6
And that I believe is Maritime, 38B my friend, pretty sure I've seen that car elsewhere too. Taken without direct sunlight, looks da bomb hey?

Old 04-06-2010, 12:03 PM
B7R
Thanks dear BruceinCary for all your comments .... I'm still confused

Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
The only way to tell for sure is to find a car in that color; next best is to do what you did: spray out samples. Don't ever make a decision based on photos; I've made that mistake before. Color is too subjective... YOU have to like it; don't trust someone else's eye!

I went through the same process with riviera, mexico and maritime.

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Gulf blue CGT could be the only CGT I don't like.

Estoril/Fountain blue ftw.

Quick Reply: All the shades of blue offered by Porsche!