Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leno Drives the Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 12:56 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Leno Drives the Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer

Name:  leno_011.jpg
Views: 1607
Size:  109.3 KB

Leno Drives the Porsche 911 Reimagined by Singer

Leno finally gets his hands on one of Singer Vehicle Design's meticulously restored and optimized air-cooled Porsches. Could this be the best 911 ever? Many tend to think so, but be prepared for the steep price of admission to this exclusive club. Enjoy the full video from Jay Leno's Garage.

Old 12-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome video

Old 12-24-2013, 07:04 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
If I could have but 1 Porsche

Singer by far!!!!!!!

Old 12-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I dono....
I am not feeling their cars anymore
Beautiful but something is just not right...

Old 12-25-2013, 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
silat is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by GrayTT
I dono....
I am not feeling their cars anymore
Beautiful but something is just not right...
Could you elaborate?

Old 12-25-2013, 08:28 AM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
If I could have but 1 Porsche

Singer by far!!!!!!!
350 hp

500#'s lighter

And beautifully finished.

What is missing?.

Old 12-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silat
Could you elaborate?
Not really... it is just one of those things
Have you been part of a 911 build? If you have I am guessing you might understand me...

Each 911 has it's good, bad and ugly side... and when you get to know them and love them you start to except the package. Yes, you want to improve on the package... but to me Singer goes over the top with their reengineering.

To me what they are doing is not revitalizing the soul of the 911 but a soul transplant...

It's beautifully designed, great work and an amazing piece of engineering but it's not for me.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!simsko You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by GrayTT
Not really... it is just one of those things
Have you been part of a 911 build? If you have I am guessing you might understand me...

Each 911 has it's good, bad and ugly side... and when you get to know them and love them you start to except the package. Yes, you want to improve on the package... but to me Singer goes over the top with their reengineering.

To me what they are doing is not revitalizing the soul of the 911 but a soul transplant...

It's beautifully designed, great work and an amazing piece of engineering but it's not for me.
I kind of agree. There is very little of the original car left plus they don't really capture any specific decade of the 911.

But... everytime I think of getting a vintage car, that is usually the result I come up in my mind. Therefore, the price tag I think is pretty well priced considering the amount of boutique engineering that has gone it.

Plus I love the colour schemes on offer.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
What GrayTT says is true. Yet, I would love to drive and feel this car. Often.