Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

356 coupe - dream or reality

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
356 coupe - dream or reality

Guys,

I'm seriously considering getting a 356 coupe as a garage queen / summer trip car. Anyone with specific 356 coupe experience that can give me any helpful tips?

- What should I be looking for in a car for sale, and how difficult are they to maintain?
- Spare parts shoul be fairly inexpensive I presume given the VW heritage but what about repair costs if you're not skilled with a wrench and hammer?
- weak spots, no-no´s or any other general things to look out for?

Thanks in advance...

Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Teamspeed Member
1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light1q2w3e4r is a glorious beacon of light
No idea. But if you can, you should get one. My Mrs LOVES them, in fact it's the only Porsche that she goes nuts for.

And as far as I understand (a mate's father has two) they are fairly easy to maintain, not too costly and reliable.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mbolo
Guys,

I'm seriously considering getting a 356 coupe as a garage queen / summer trip car. Anyone with specific 356 coupe experience that can give me any helpful tips?

- What should I be looking for in a car for sale, and how difficult are they to maintain?
- Spare parts shoul be fairly inexpensive I presume given the VW heritage but what about repair costs if you're not skilled with a wrench and hammer?
- weak spots, no-no´s or any other general things to look out for?

Thanks in advance...
Mate I would get a convertible checkout this link for more info

Porsche 356 Registry

Old 05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CondorCGT
Mate I would get a convertible checkout this link for more info

Porsche 356 Registry
I'd love a convertible but sadly it's a little out of my budget for a garage car. Thanks for the tip on the registry though, very informative.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed's Official Shaikh
CondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond reputeCondorCGT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mbolo
I'd love a convertible but sadly it's a little out of my budget for a garage car. Thanks for the tip on the registry though, very informative.
Anytime

Old 05-22-2008, 03:36 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, very cool - good luck with your search! Let me know if you need eyes and ears on this side of the country, I think there's one or two around here.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of light
How about a 550 spyder replica?

My father and I just bought one and it's tons of fun. Fairly inexpensive, cheap to maintain and a perfect weekend car that puts a smile on your face every time you drive it.

-ari

Old 05-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by AriA
How about a 550 spyder replica?

My father and I just bought one and it's tons of fun. Fairly inexpensive, cheap to maintain and a perfect weekend car that puts a smile on your face every time you drive it.

-ari
+1 I've seen Ari's car in person and it looks & sounds the part Such a sweet car.
Ari I made you an avatar but must've forgotten to send it to you (I have it at work and I won't be back untill wednesday though)

Old 05-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of lightAriA is a glorious beacon of light
Cool, thanks

Old 05-23-2008, 05:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by jox
Wow, very cool - good luck with your search! Let me know if you need eyes and ears on this side of the country, I think there's one or two around here.
Sweet, thanks for the help. Looking at a company that imports from the US and a few tempting offers at the moment. Still, need to persuade the girlfriend and secure a good garage first but once you start dreaming - it's difficult to stop

Quick Reply: 356 coupe - dream or reality