Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer & Cosworth Team up for the Third Singer 911

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 11:44 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
i also sent them an email,

they told me to f myself, i still like their cars though
Well what did you say in your email to get such a reply?!?

Old 06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tips
i also sent them an email,

they told me to f myself, i still like their cars though
Originally Posted by DJ
Well what did you say in your email to get such a reply?!?
Exactly my question DJ

I've emailed a lot with Rob about a possible car. Talked on the phone even 2 or 3 times. This will be my next Porsche would be my guess. We've talked about my RS America as a donor.

Rob has been extremely nice on the responses and easy to work with. The price isn't though. It's 100k too high still in my book....but.....

BTW 300k wouldn't be close and that doesn't include the Donor car for whomever wrote 300k.

I'd expect $335k plus donor car for the car you'd really want in your garage.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I can't fathom the price. How are they staying in business if they are only making around one car a year. Now with the publicity they have wouldn't It make sense to chop a bit of cost, to marks level say, and get a few built and out there? I mean my brother, not Porsche fan only like Italians but I'm working on it, even knows about this car and lusts for it!!!

Old 07-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
suhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished roadsuhaas307 is on a distinguished road
^^ Wouldn't dropping the costs piss-off their current lot of customers who'd have probably spent the entire quoted amount on their cars? I believe that's worst thing to do, especially if the business is restoring and building retro-chic classic cars.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
As for staying in business, I don't know how they are staying in business either but I would imagine the owner of Singer has investments in other business.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:46 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
They don't just do singer 911's, they restore all old porsches.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
I can't fathom the price. How are they staying in business if they are only making around one car a year. Now with the publicity they have wouldn't It make sense to chop a bit of cost, to marks level say, and get a few built and out there? I mean my brother, not Porsche fan only like Italians but I'm working on it, even knows about this car and lusts for it!!!
i am with you completely. they are super kewl but at 300+ donor car isn't where i want my $$ to be at. :-(

Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Exactly my question DJ

I've emailed a lot with Rob about a possible car. Talked on the phone even 2 or 3 times. This will be my next Porsche would be my guess. We've talked about my RS America as a donor.

Rob has been extremely nice on the responses and easy to work with. The price isn't though. It's 100k too high still in my book....but.....

BTW 300k wouldn't be close and that doesn't include the Donor car for whomever wrote 300k.

I'd expect $335k plus donor car for the car you'd really want in your garage.
why would you want to use an RS America?
How will that turn out?

Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ced
why would you want to use an RS America?
How will that turn out?
Singer says they can do the project on any pre 996 911 (Classic 911-993).

Old 07-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrera
Singer says they can do the project on any pre 996 911 (Classic 911-993).
I think what Ced meant was why use a limited car like an RS America instead of a vanilla 964 C2. I agree with his sentiment unless Mark wanted to do a Singer RS tribute or something, then an RS America makes perfect sense.

Regardless of whether these cars are overpriced or not, if I had the means, I'd buy a Singer over the McLaren or a 458. It's a much more appealing car to me.

Quick Reply: Singer & Cosworth Team up for the Third Singer 911