Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Singer & Cosworth Team up for the Third Singer 911

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Banned
the ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these parts
Great report, as he said I hope Singer lets him have a go in one.....

Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by the ronin
I am asking a legitimate question with regards to the Springer engine, is this too controversial ?..... No bashing from me just asking a simple question about the engine build....
So to you guys it's a matter of how good she looks rather than can she fuuuck as good as she looks...seriously..
So after all the hype this is an unproven moded Porsche you would rather cuddle with..
No bashing huh? If you had spent maybe 3 minutes googling and checking out some of the articles or even photos of the Singer, you would have easily discovered that the engines in the orange and green cars were built by 9M out of the UK. The english engine tuners seem to have dynos that read higher than the ones we have here in the US. I don't know why, maybe it has to do with the correction factor or the calibration.

The alliance with Cosworth was only recently announced.

Welcome to ninemeister

Old 07-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
So to you guys it's a matter of how good she looks rather than can she fuuuck as good as she looks...seriously..
If she doesn't look good first I won't even think about fvcking her. So I guess for your analogy yes I would drive it first and make assumptions later.

I won't drive a 458 either. I think it looks like Lambo A$$ and I've stated more than 20 times on this forum.........even if she fvcks like a dream or drives like a dream I'm still not going to drive it OR fvck it if it's fugly.

Originally Posted by BigE
^It takes a massive tool to work on something that light with that much hp......
lmao

Old 07-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Banned
the ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these partsthe ronin is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
No bashing huh? If you had spent maybe 3 minutes googling and checking out some of the articles or even photos of the Singer, you would have easily discovered that the engines in the orange and green cars were built by 9M out of the UK. The english engine tuners seem to have dynos that read higher than the ones we have here in the US. I don't know why, maybe it has to do with the correction factor or the calibration.

The alliance with Cosworth was only recently announced.
That's not bashing it's a statment...
I can't seem to find any dyno sheets on the 9meister site for the claimed Singer engines..

Please post em if you can find them..

Last edited by the ronin; 07-20-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
so here is what i have learned from this thread...

Singer makes a breathtakingly beautiful vehicle.
Ronin for one reason or another feels compelled to voice (over and over and over and over and over) his dislike for said vehicle.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by fone phreak
so here is what i have learned from this thread...

Singer makes a breathtakingly beautiful vehicle.
Ronin for one reason or another feels compelled to voice (over and over and over and over and over) his dislike for said vehicle.
Seriously does anyone read anything..... I've said over and over again that I think its cool and if I had only one car it would be a Porsche and that Porsche would be my own Singer type of car.....
Asking questions and proof of said claims does not imply dislike.....

Come on read slowly..

Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Someone, for the love of god, lock this damn thread.

And ban ronin.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously does anyone read anything..... I've said over and over again that I think its cool and if I had only one car it would be a Porsche and that Porsche would be my own Singer type of car.....

Come on read slowly..
Why would you want a Singer if you think old cars and collecting old things is stupid? You said too that all old cars suck. Also, you said the Singer is for true poseurs. Then you went on to criticize the engine, and, yes you did ask a question, but when you got your answer you called that member wrong (why ask a question if you know what answers are wrong?). In addition to this, you criticized nearly every member that posted to you calling them "assholes" and "jackoffs". Even the administrator told you to stop, but you just keep posting your contradictory and disrespectful posts.

Ronin, I don't know what you do for a living, what cars you own, or anything about your personal life, but seriously, just stop posting in this thread. You managed to ruin a great thread, and nearly all of your posts were full of disrespect contradicted the other. I don't think you're aware of some of the knowledge and positions of some members here. Just because this isn't a technical forum doesn't mean you're the only one who knows anything, or has a "high ranking" position.

My advice to you, stop posting in this thread stop disrespecting members, and stop acting like you know everything. We'd all love to hear some of the knowledge you have to offer, but none of us want to hear it if you disrespect them, and call them wrong on a question you asked. Especially if you can't even gather the competency to remember if you like classic cars or not. If you don't want to follow any of that, my other advice would be to ask an Admin to ban you.

Cheers.

Last edited by Carrera; 07-20-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by the ronin »

Come on read slowly..

So tell me can you read exactly what I just said ?

Originally Posted by Carrera
Why would you want a Singer if you think old cars and collecting old things is stupid? You said too that all old cars suck. Also, you said the Singer is for true poseurs. Then you went on to criticize the engine, and, yes you did ask a question, but when you got your answer you called that member wrong (why ask a question if you know what answers are wrong?). In addition to this, you criticized nearly every member that posted to you calling them "assholes" and "jackoffs". Even the administrator told you to stop, but you just keep posting your contradictory and disrespectful posts.

Ronin, I don't know what you do for a living, what cars you own, or anything about your personal life, but seriously, just stop posting in this thread. You managed to ruin a great thread, and nearly all of your posts were full of disrespect contradicted the other. I don't think you're aware of some of the knowledge and positions of some members here. Just because this isn't a technical forum doesn't mean you're the only one who knows anything, or has a "high ranking" position.

My advice to you, stop posting in this thread stop disrespecting members, and stop acting like you know everything. We'd all love to hear some of the knowledge you have to offer, but none of us want to hear it if you disrespect them, and call them wrong on a question you asked. Especially if you can't even gather the competency to remember if you like classic cars or not. If you don't want to follow any of that, my other advice would be to ask an Admin to ban you.

Cheers.
Dude what part of reading comprehension are you and others missing out on...?
Read slowly every post I've made and then tell me and everyone else how many times I said the Singer is cool.

The questions I asked were not answered but instead I'm told to look up the answer that doesn't exist on the engine builders website...
It's you ignorant boys that are ruining this thread with your distain for intelligent questioning from someone who's been around enough to know without answers its just smoke and mirrors....

Seriously why don't you and the others stop posting and maybe someone that knows something about cars can talk....

Old 07-20-2011, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Was trying to be nice and kindly offer you advice, but I agree with vtgts300kw now. Somebody just ban him.

BTW, I can comprehend just fine. All of your posts are written out clearly, and cannot be deleted. Plus, I have them all screen shotted, you know just to help "my bad comprehension".

Quick Reply: Singer & Cosworth Team up for the Third Singer 911