Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Down with the Brown: All the Shades of Brown, Gold and Copper Offered by Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Igor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond reputeIgor has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Kudos for taking the time to put this all together, but damn there are some nasty colors among those.
i second this one.
Macadamia Metallic For The Win in my eyes.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:28 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Not brown but loved the Weissach edition 928 my dad had back in 1982, he had # 285 out of 305 I think..

Here is one in good shape still running around on rlist. Don't minds the silly fogs but impressive that this one still has the matching luggage.

Attached Images     
Old 05-04-2008, 05:32 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Another I found that's for sale as well....

Attached Images          
Old 06-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
BruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enoughBruceinCary will become famous soon enough
Pretty sure that should read "Kalahari Beige Metallic" and not "Calahari Beige Metallic" - Kalahari like the desert in Southern Africa.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Guys: I saw a Macademia 997S Cab yesterday with Natural Brown interior and, despite that I'm not into brown cars, I have to say that it was perhaps one of the most stunning and interesting 997s that I've ever seen.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
I've seen a tt cab in that combo too...certainly interesting.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Member
Edgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond reputeEdgy01 has a reputation beyond repute
I believe that you will find that Cockney Brown and Chocolate Brown are one and the same. (I had ordered a 77 S in that color back in 77).

Dan

Attached Images  

Last edited by Edgy01; 05-18-2009 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Well, I'm not really a brown car guy.
It seems pretty clear that another thing you aren't/weren't is busy

The Gold Mica color would make an excellent color scheme for a 997.2 GT3 RS ...

Old 05-19-2009, 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Had these pics in my HD and thought that they best belong here. No idea what the color is called though.

Attached Images   
Old 04-25-2010, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!cartunes You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
thanks for taking the time!

Quick Reply: Down with the Brown: All the Shades of Brown, Gold and Copper Offered by Porsche