Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beck Speedster Correction & detail

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 11:53 AM
TS Detailing Sponsor | California
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Beck Speedster Correction & detail

New to Sharky(alex @ sharkwerks) Beck Speedster, a semi daily driver from here on in. This car was pretty rough in appearance, but with some effort the car is now a cool looking(and very quick btw) retro speedster.

Initial condition of the car

The start of the paint restoration steps, initially I would correct the marring and scratches but was not happy with the level of gloss as the finish had HEAVY orange peel. I would later wet sand the entire car with 3000 grit to level the paint to leave at least a nice level of shine and clarity that would match a modern O.E. Porsche finish.

First pass with wool pad correction

50/50 pic of the door BEFORE I wet sanded the finish

More examples of the marring on the paint

Working the finish

After the sanding had been completed, it was time to pull out the big daddy polisher with aggressive edge wool pad

Here is a pic of the compound swirled door and the swirls removed from the right reat quarter panel

Pic of polish being broken down during the fine polising stage

After the paint correction was completed, it was time to move on to the wheels and trim. Before pic of the wheel with overspray when the car was painted and old tire dressing with embedded dirt build up

Wheel and tire cleaned, rubber stripped and wheels polished

Brightwork was in need of correction

50/50 of windshield trim

Touching up the many rock chips

50/50 pics of the correction of the plastic widow in the soft top

Entire window now has clarity

Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
Auto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant futureAuto Concierge has a brilliant future
Beck speedster correction cont...

Heading towards the finishline......

Junior... aka Sharky pumped up about his new toy

We have had quite a bit of rain here in Norcal, so this was the best semi sun pics I would be able to get

Back at Sharkwerks under the metal hallide lighting

Old 02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
looks great!

Old 02-04-2010, 12:57 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks so much Bob... seriously you brought her back to life eh I like that you got holla'd at by the woman on the way over hehe:P

2010 will be Porsche-ONLY for Autoconcierge, right? No more Italian trashiolas....

Old 02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
awesome stuff you guys!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Member
Gary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond reputeGary (FL) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
awesome stuff you guys!
+1

Great work....

Old 02-04-2010, 09:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
love it! my fav color speedster

Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to allTestJet is a name known to all
HUGE difference, James Dean would be jealous! I do not see any interior shots but I can attest that it is just as spectacular as the exterior. Bob, your work and attention to detail is second to none.

Mike

Old 02-05-2010, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by ISIS
HUGE difference, James Dean would be jealous! I do not see any interior shots but I can attest that it is just as spectacular as the exterior. Bob, your work and attention to detail is second to none.

Mike
Thank you Mike, of course your 700 hp + monster is getting the treatment right now. See you Sunday(as that is the only day we have a break from the rain) and we cannot have your car looking it's best then get rained on.... not on my watch.

Quick Reply: Beck Speedster Correction & detail