Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I get a car window like this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:16 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Where can I get a car window like this?

I want a driver's side window like this one, with the little plastic slot. Who sells them?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I'd say the whole window is "plastic" (Lexan).

Last edited by MiniD; 03-14-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond reputeDave S has a reputation beyond repute
I believe it's a lexan window. I wouldn't recommend it due to the increased theft risk though.

Old 03-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dave S
I believe it's a lexan window. I wouldn't recommend it due to the increased theft risk though.
nothing a little ingenuity can't fix....

as for sourcing, I tried carnwal and pelican parts but to no avail, I will keep looking.

Perhaps call up manthay or cargraphic? although I'm sure pricing from those two will be out the wazoo.

Last edited by Craigger; 03-14-2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Cigarette Racer
Location: Blue Lake Tahoe, San Francisco, Monterey and beyond
gociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud ofgociggie31 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jox
I want a driver's side window like this one, with the little plastic slot. Who sells them?

Your may want to try Bruce Canepa (sr) in Santa Cruz, Ca. He use to have a few of those around in his early imsa RSRs. Not sure but worth a try, he may even be able to make one up. As stated above, you may want to rethink this if used on the street, security will be compromised plus a bit of an windnoise at speed

You may want to email him with a pic.
Canepa Design

Old 03-14-2008, 06:04 PM
MJS
Teamspeed Member
MJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud ofMJS has much to be proud of
I believe they make a lexan insert that you clip in after rolling down the glass, no?

Old 03-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Teamspeed Member
duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!duc749r You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!