Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thatcher's 993 RSR clone build project thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Former Sponsor
sharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond reputesharky has a reputation beyond repute
way to go thatcher! I remember you selling me those seats a few years back (thanks for being so helpful btw)

Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond repute
hey alex!

okay update time..

had to do a repair on a giant crack in the RSCS front splitter that I got in on Friday. Repaired it that night and Saturday morning.. set me back a good 5 hours.. I had to grind down the crack, reinforce it with two layers of carbon on the back side, shape the front leading edge with thickened resin, sand it down, put on a coat of primer, and sand that down

Saturday was a long day. I was at the shop till 5AM getting everything ready. Went home for three hours of sleep, and got up at 8AM to keep going on the car.

Sprayed the car Sunday night. Was practically running on fumes at that point.. dead tired, and a bit nervous about painting the car. My painter had to prep for his trip to Mexico, so I ended up painting it myself. turned out pretty well though, especially being my first time painting color and clear... and i suppose that's really the best way to learn.. just do it. I'm definitely happy with the results, and so relieved to be finished. now I can take my time putting it together and start enjoying the project. i'll wet sand and buff everything tomorrow, and then start putting everything together.

Old 02-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
thanks for the updates.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
Thatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond reputeThatcher has a reputation beyond repute
little update.. finished wet-sanding and buffing the car and parts.. will start putting everything back together today!

Old 03-05-2010, 06:13 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
This is just redonkouououlous! I don't know how the Fvck I could've missed this! Rep for you!

Old 03-09-2010, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
My seats arrived thanks to my good friends @ Recaro. We did leather Pole Positions with silver double top stitch, silver logo, and charcoal alcantara inserts.

I bolted on some of the body panels, cleaned and waxed all four wheel wells, and built a set of 18x9.5 18x11 three piece twists. I've also got a set of 18x10 18x12 Kinesis K28's with slicks coming, they should be here tomorrow. I still have the 18x9.5 18x11.5 RH 3.6 turbo wheels but I put them up for sale, the rear outer lips aren't wide enough for my car. Also building a set of 18x9.5 18x11 "Supertwists".. Supercups on one side of the car, 3 piece twists on the other side of the car, purple centers all around. Kinda different.

gross

getting there..

waxed and ready to rock

masking tape is your friend

they will suck in a good bit when the car is on the ground

Old 03-09-2010, 02:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Yes yes yes! Coming along very nicely Thatcher. Purple centers will be interesting. Are you going metallic or just glossy?

Old 03-09-2010, 02:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
You're making very good progress! Good looking wheels. Not usually a fan of the three piece twists but these look great.

Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
yearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond reputeyearone has a reputation beyond repute
Thats great work I wish I could do these things myself.

My only question is why you are running a 964 wing on the back when you have gone to this much effort to make a 993RSR clone? Surely a 993RSR wing with the side intakes would be better like this one, either with or without the high level GT extension?

Last edited by yearone; 07-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future
Oh man , sweet wheels you got there!!

Quick Reply: Thatcher's 993 RSR clone build project thread!