Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a 74' 911 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
RS_D is an unknown quantity at this point
What's a 74' 911 worth?

Hi all-

I've come across the opportunity to take over a 1974 911. Its a one owner, 60k original miles with absolutely no rust. Its pretty close to mint condition, what what you guys say its worth? I'm unfamiliar when it comes to the classics, appreciate your feedback!

RS_D

Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
You should probably send me a link to the seller so I can evaluate this opportunity for you . . .

J/K

Don't even think about telling me where it is! We're dying to build an RS clone.

Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RS_D
Hi all-

I've come across the opportunity to take over a 1974 911. Its a one owner, 60k original miles with absolutely no rust. Its pretty close to mint condition, what what you guys say its worth? I'm unfamiliar when it comes to the classics, appreciate your feedback!

RS_D
Maybe check w/ Dhinkle

Old 05-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=MexicoBlue;317453Don't even think about telling me where it is! We're dying to build an RS clone.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, I'd love to do an ST clone one day.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Tiso is an unknown quantity at this point
my Uncle just picked up a 74 a few months ago. My uncles has been completely rebuilt with paint that is 12 years old and got the 78' engine instead of the 74, since they were prone for some problems?? As a price, not sure what to tell you. But you should really consider it & put in the time for the research. everyone has classic vets and don't see enough classic Euros out on the roads or car shows.

Old 05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
You should probably send me a link to the seller so I can evaluate this opportunity for you . . .

J/K

Don't even think about telling me where it is! We're dying to build an RS clone.

That exactly what I had in mind after doing a little bit of research. I think I can get away with for about $8k, does that sound right? Btw, in order to build an RS Clone, would it matter whether if its an "S" or not? I'm starting to get the feeling I may be in for a gem, and the previous owner just may not be aware of it. Please advise me if this is about the right price. I have been searching in the online classifieds and the prices vary so much. Thanks for the replies everyone!!!

Btw, Mexico I will gladly inform you of the car if I decide to pass on it.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
$8k? Is that a typo?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
I would start at $6k and move up to $7k tops.

Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Originally Posted by mkell
$8k? Is that a typo?
Are you saying its too much??

Originally Posted by Luis
I would start at $6k and move up to $7k tops.
Really? 7k highest offer??

Old 05-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond reputemkell has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe I'm just used to looking at 85-89 prices, thought these would go for more than 8k?

Quick Reply: What's a 74' 911 worth?