Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Fabspeed exhaust for 993 Turbo S?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Which Fabspeed exhaust for 993 Turbo S?

Would package would everybody recommend from Fabspeed for a 993 Turbo S?

Old 05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
I would recommend: 993TT Modular Sportcat/Catbypass Pipes $2,195

If you go only mufflers it makes the exhaust gargle too much, sounds kind of cheap in my opinion.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your input Zamirz.

Would somebody tell me what the differences are between the sound of these two systems? Why does the "simplified" version give more horsepower?

993TT MAXFLO Mufflers with Deluxe Tips $1,195/Set
click to enlarge Description:

* All 993 TT Vehicles 1996-1997
* +15HP and more torque and sports car sound. Faster boost.
* The Fabspeed 993 Twin Turbo sport exhaust system is manufactured from high quality 16 gauge T304 Stainless steel mandrel bent tubing allowing for the best looking, sounding, and performing system available on the market!
* The systems comes with beautiful 4.5 " edge welded, angle cut, mirror polished tips.
* It's lightweight, saves 20 lbs over stock with lower engine temperatures resulting in better throttle response.
* Porsche Factory warranty.
* Fits all cars worldwide.
* The Maxflo Muffers above are the highest performance system available anywhere in the world for the 993TT. "How & Why"?
* Fabspeed uses 2.5" 63.5mm tubing throughout the system for the lowest possible backpressure and best flow. All other German & USA tuners use smaller 2.25" 57.2mm tubing for restricted flow. Porsche uses 2.18” tubing connectors for the tips as well.
* Fabulous throaty Sports car sound with significant power improvement. Fits all 1996-1998 993 Twin Turbo and 993 Turbo "S" and GT2 ROW street cars.

And this system? I checked the videos and they both sound similar to me?

993TT MAXFLO Muffler Bypass Pipes with Tips $550
click to enlarge Description:

* All 993 TT Vehicles 1996-1997
* +20HP in a 1-hour bolt on improvement.
* Fabulous sports car sound with a significant power increase
* Fits all 1996-1998 993 Twin Turbo and 993 Turbo "S" models and ROW GT2 street cars.
* Shaves 2/3 second on 3rd gear acceleration from 3000 - 5500 rpm. More flow than anything on the market!
* High quality T304 SS mirror polished tips with connecting pipes that directly hook up to all 993TT catalytic converters.
* Fits all cars worldwide.
* 993TT with muffler bypass pipes are sporty BUT become quieter as the car is driven and the Turbos spin. Turbochargers are "rotary mufflers" and in conjunction with the factory catalytic converters the car sounds GREAT!.

I hope somebody from Fabspeed can chime in. Also would anybody care to comment of any experience from purchasing from them?

Thanks much in advance guys.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to beholdTurbo Al is a splendid one to behold
Hey Mike,

I assume this means you have purchased, or plan to purchase, a 993TTS. My all-time favorite car. I must have missed somewhere, perhaps on Rennteam, that you were acquiring one.

If so, then pics please!

Al

Old 05-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Turbo Al
Hey Mike,

I assume this means you have purchased, or plan to purchase, a 993TTS. My all-time favorite car. I must have missed somewhere, perhaps on Rennteam, that you were acquiring one.

If so, then pics please!

Al
Hi Al,

I'll post pics soon - it was a spur of the moment thing. I just got a M3 CSL 2 weeks ago.