Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

2012 Formula 1 Official Monza GP Banter Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
2012 Formula 1 Official Monza GP Banter Thread

Monza. Home of the Tifosi. Home of red, red, red. Home of Ferrari.

The energy and support from the Tifosi will undoubtedly "add hp" to Scuderia Ferrari this weekend, and there has to be no better way to recover from a catastrophic race weekend at Spa where Alonso almost lost his head than coming to Monza, where everyone eats, breathes and bleeds Ferrari.

Alonso has been tweeting all week reassuring everyone he is ok and has zero pain/injuries and that he simply can't wait to get back into the fight. Massa showed great form at Spa by finishing fifth and more importantly taking some valuable points away from Alonso's WDC rival Mark Webber. Can we hope to see his form continue at Monza in spite of all the rumors going around that Ferrari has decided to drop him at the end of the season going and that Hulkenberg and Sutil have been in talks with Ferrari, with Hulkenberg reportedly saying, "he can neither confirm or deny the story."

Button has transformed from a #2 team driver to a legitimate WDC contender in a single weekend with his brilliant drive at Spa. Will he continue that form or fall off the cliff like he did after his win in Melbourne at the start of the season? Does Hamilton have his priorities/focus and attitude in order or is he going to continue acting like a teenage brat that just hit puberty?

Kimi has 6 podium finishes this season and with his balls-of-steel pass on Schumacher at eua rouge last weekend, I have no doubt he's going to win; it's just a question of when and where. Will it finally come at Monza?! I am rooting for it and I'm sure a good majority of Tifosi will be there with me even though he no longer races for team red! His partner Lettuce is banned for 1 race for causing that catastrophe in Spa, but will be aptly substituted by their reserve driver D'Ambrosio. With a fast and consistent Lotus car will he make a big splash on his F1 race debut?

Vettel has overtaken his teammate on the WDC rankings and continues to show he can race from the back of the pack. He didn't even make it into Q3 last weekend but somehow managed to finish 2nd in the race; impressively shaving down a 14s lead by Button down to 3s. Well team Red Bull begin to dominate the 2nd half of the season like they've been so accustomed to in the prior years of 2010 and 2011?

Weather is expected to be dry & sunny all weekend.

What are your predictions?

Schedule (PST):

Practice 1 ---Fri 01:00
Practice 2 ---Fri 05:00
Practice 3 ---Sat 02:00
Qualifying ---Sat 05:00
Race ---Sun 05:00

Old 09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Your usual non-chalant Kimi response to interview questions haha, his views on Monza:
Kimi Räikkönen on the Italian GP by LotusF1Team on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Here's D'Ambrosio's view of the Monza weekend and his debut into actual F1 racing:
Jérôme D

Old 09-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Dave M You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Rooting for Kimi, would love to see him win but I don't think it will happen here. Possibly another podium though.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!blissat9k You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Hopefully a clean start.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Fable is on a distinguished roadFable is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone, I am born in Sesto San Giovanni, 6 km far from the Milan Cathedral and 6 km far from the Autodromo di Monza, when I was a child I was used to spend much time in the box area and on the track to see every kind of race cars..I can still hear the sound of the engines at the parabolica when entering the Park of Monza with my bike, the bag with food and the money for the ticket, that sound was more than music for me, it was something of irresistible!!

Just wanted to share..

Old 09-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
AudiBull is an unknown quantity at this point
Another Ferrari champions finish would be awesome( Alonso, Kimi,Shumey), but I don't see it happening. As long as Fernando strengthens his lead I'll be happy.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by AudiBull
Another Ferrari champions finish would be awesome( Alonso, Kimi,Shumey), but I don't see it happening. As long as Fernando strengthens his lead I'll be happy.
Both him and (surprisingly) Massa seem to be in good form and high on confidence, even though Alo was experiencing multiple mechanical failures with his car (one being the gearbox, the other the front brakes):

From Autosport:

The world championship leader was forced to stop at the Variante Rettifilio five minutes before the end of the first session with an engine problem.

He then missed a chunk of practice two with first braking issues and then a gearbox that expired beyond its life date.

"It was just a little bit of a strange Friday because of mechanical failures," said Alonso, who was delighted with the balance of his car nonetheless having ended the day third fastest overall.

Alonso, who stated earlier in the week that he would not race for any other team in the future, added that striking a good balance with the car so early in the weekend was a huge boost for his chances at Monza.

"I think we are more-or-less happy with the performance and we don't need to change the balance of the car for tomorrow, like we did [before] because we were not happy at all [with it]," he said.
Full article:
Italian GP: Fernando Alonso not worried about Ferrari reliability - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm loving the front wing on the Ferrari's...no more crazy quadruple decker cascades and scoops and gills and yadayada lol.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Also very glad to see Ferrari lose that stupid monkey seat!

Old 09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mclaren's Star-Wars-X-Wing type sidepod vanes, intro'd at Spa:

Quick Reply: 2012 Formula 1 Official Monza GP Banter Thread