Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Mark Webber to continue with Red Bull Racing for 2013 season

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Post Mark Webber to continue with Red Bull Racing for 2013 season

Name:  Pg-64s-webber-epa.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  319.8 KB

Mark Webber to continue with Red Bull Racing for 2013 season

Great news, looks like Ricciardo and Vergne haven't impressed RBR just yet!

Just days after winning the British Grand Prix, the Australian signed a new contract with Red Bull that will see him stay on until the end of the 2013 season.

This, of course, means there will be no more rumours of "Webber to Ferrari" or "Webber to call it quits at the end of 2012". Who knows maybe the Ferrari speculation was the reason for Red Bull's haste to tie him down for next year.

The 35-year-old joined the Milton Keynes squad in 2007, but he has been on a rolling one-year contract for the past few seasons.

However, team principal Christian Horner and defending World Champion Sebastian Vettel both admitted recently that they want to keep him at the team for another year.

Webber admits he is "very comfortable" at Red Bull and signing a new deal was the "right thing" to do.

"I've been with Red Bull Racing since 2007 and have achieved nine grand prix wins during that time," he said in a statement.

"I'm high on confidence at the moment and firing on all cylinders. I know the Team well and I'm very comfortable here; we have grown together over the years and it feels like absolutely the right thing to stay with Red Bull for another season.

"The Team is constantly working hard to improve in all areas and we've shown that together we can win races. It's great to be able to make this announcement off the back of the win in Silverstone at the weekend and I'm looking forward to competing on the edge and pushing myself in every race again next season."

Horner added: "Mark has driven very well in the first nine races of this season and his performance has been impressive.

"Much of his Formula One success has been during his time with Red Bull Racing and together we have achieved 10 poles, nine wins and 31 podiums.
"As there was a strong desire from both sides to continue the partnership, it was a logical decision to extend our relationship and it is with great pleasure that we confirm Mark will drive for us in 2013."
Source of story PlanetF1

Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Your thread title does not deliver

Old 07-10-2012, 09:29 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Old 07-10-2012, 09:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Good for RBR, their young guys in the Toro Rosso team aren't close to being ready to replace Webber...this makes the most sense for them, and at the same time makes Ferrari less dangerous since Webber > Massa.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Thread title really confused me. I thought he was resigning (i.e. leaving Red Bull). Glad to hear he's staying on for at least another season.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
lol, yes resign and re-sign are quite different. Maybe someone should edit the thread title.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
lol, yes resign and re-sign are quite different. Maybe someone should edit the thread title.
Done

Old 07-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
win-win for both RB team & driver...but who the hell is going to replace Massa at Ferrari then?! I guess we'll have to see how his performance pans out for the rest of the year.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Massa finally looks to be alot more comfortable driving the F2012 and I hope he has a great finish to the year.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Haha sorry for the title, didn't even notice I said resigning instead of re-signing! Thanks for fixing it DJ

Quick Reply: Mark Webber to continue with Red Bull Racing for 2013 season